Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree about judging him at the end of the window.

Some positives from my view so far:

The deals we haven’t done. There’s a lot of silly money being thrown around this window. I’m glad we don’t seem to be part of that at the moment.

Selling Richarlison. He had to go, and fortunately no one at the club made any silly overly sentimental decisions about keeping him.

Allowing Delph, Siggurdson, Tosun and Kenny to go. No silly extensions offered to the first three, and no false promises to Kenny, be a bit part player on low wages or get out.

Tarkowski will have had his pick of any club outside the European ones I’d imagine. We’ve still beaten off competition for him.

A lot of work still to do but after watching some of our previous windows sometimes doing less is a positive for Everton.
Agree with all of this.

Tarks favoured us because of geography. He wanted to stay in the area which Villa, Newcastle etc… could not offer. We got lucky with that one.
It's so cringe when the media dept ask pointless typical questions like "what was it about Everton that made you sign?" knowing full well the player is going to say the usual soundbite line of "the fans are amazing and I see no reason why we can't win trophies".

It if wasn't under manufactured conditions, would be great if they just said "because I doubled my money and I didn't have to move house".

It's so cringe when the media dept ask pointless typical questions like "what was it about Everton that made you sign?" knowing full well the player is going to say the usual soundbite line of "the fans are amazing and I see no reason why we can't win trophies".

It if wasn't under manufactured conditions, would be great if they just said "because I doubled my money and I didn't have to move house".
Big club. Great fans. Goodison Park.

Yawn.

Next season is going to be a relegation scrap. No doubt it my mind. Our midfield can’t pass and are clumsy. If Lampard is insistent on three at the back then we are reliant on Mina staying fit otherwise we are back to two of Holgate, Keane or Godfrey in there with Tarkowski. Recipe for disaster. And to top it all off our creativity is almost zero because we have a combination of an atrocious midfiled and poor forwards now Richi gone (Grey can get in the bin)

We need at least 4 players in asap. The ones linked so far do not inspire much confidence. But that doesn’t even give us the squad depth needed for the inevitable injuries. Huge mess.
You may well right but you can't base that judgement on last night.
It was our first preseason game, Arsenal started with quite a strong team and at least three of our first choice back four did not start, nor did Gordon or Iwobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.