Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont see the point of us accepting the deal earlier myself, cashflow isnt an issue for us as our owner writes blank cheuqes and if we get the money this summer or next it doesn't matter as it all goes into the same years accounts, presuming it hits before the end of June 23. May as well sit on our hands and pick up the extra 3 mill. I mean we can spend it now really knowing its coming - providing the obligations have been met.
The money scheduled from the permanent sale next summer will hit 23/24’s books.

Yeah, probably true. Lets judge KT at the end of the window, but so far, other than talk, there's no evidence he's a positive addition or added benefit of any significant note (I doubt the JT deal was too hard to get done).
He's literally in the middle of restructuring the entire club at the top like (below board level), maybe cut him some slack.

Like Brands, his entire remit isn't transfers. It's a huge part of the job though but so far we've been limited in that our targets nor budget couldn't be defined until we stayed up, and even then we had to have that big sale.

GK: Pickford / Crellin
RB: Patterson / Coleman
LB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou
CB: Tarkowski / Keane
CB: Mina / Godfrey / Holgate
CM: Doucoure / Davies / Gomes
CM: Allan / Gbamin
AM: Dele / Iwobi
RW: Gray / ???
LW: Gordon / ???
ST: Calvert-Lewin / Rondon

We also have Welch (CB), Mills (RWB), Warrington (CM), Dobbin (W/ST), Simms (ST)

Injured: Townsend and Begovic

The money scheduled from the permanent sale next summer will hit 23/24’s books.

Not if we get it before the end of June mate, most contracts run of that date i.e. two years - yu become a free agent on the 1st of July, i know we're stupid but hopefully we're not that stupid waiting three financial years to get our hands on the dough.

Yeah, probably true. Lets judge KT at the end of the window, but so far, other than talk, there's no evidence he's a positive addition or added benefit of any significant note (I doubt the JT deal was too hard to get done).

Completely agree about judging him at the end of the window.

Some positives from my view so far:

The deals we haven’t done. There’s a lot of silly money being thrown around this window. I’m glad we don’t seem to be part of that at the moment.

Selling Richarlison. He had to go, and fortunately no one at the club made any silly overly sentimental decisions about keeping him.

Allowing Delph, Siggurdson, Tosun and Kenny to go. No silly extensions offered to the first three, and no false promises to Kenny, be a bit part player on low wages or get out.

Tarkowski will have had his pick of any club outside the European ones I’d imagine. We’ve still beaten off competition for him.

A lot of work still to do but after watching some of our previous windows sometimes doing less is a positive for Everton.

Not if we get it before the end of June mate, most contracts run of that date i.e. two years, i know we're stupid but hopefully we're not that stupid waiting three financial years to get our hands on the dough.
It hits next year’s books mate as they haven’t budgeted it into this years budget that started on 1st July.

This is the worst thing for me. All the players who got us into this mess are still hanging around like bad smells, whilst the one player who got us out of it has been sold. Other than Tarkowski, who will be great for us, there is no sign of others coming in. We can't even do a deal for a bang average joe with a release clause.
Yup. We can’t expect anything from this group- chance after chance and even after last season they’re all still here…except our best player who we’ve sold. Looks like we’re scratching around a relegated Burnley for an inconsistent/nowhere near the same standard player as a replacement.

Completely agree about judging him at the end of the window.

Some positives from my view so far:

The deals we haven’t done. There’s a lot of silly money being thrown around this window. I’m glad we don’t seem to be part of that at the moment.

Selling Richarlison. He had to go, and fortunately no one at the club made any silly overly sentimental decisions about keeping him.

Allowing Delph, Siggurdson, Tosun and Kenny to go. No silly extensions offered to the first three, and no false promises to Kenny, be a bit part player on low wages or get out.

Tarkowski will have had his pick of any club outside the European ones I’d imagine. We’ve still beaten off competition for him.

A lot of work still to do but after watching some of our previous windows sometimes doing less is a positive for Everton.
The issue also might not just be financial it takes time to build a scouting network /people forget some transfers don't just happen they can be in the works for over a season and he came in around February. Plus we just finished 16th we cannot gamble too much this summer, these factors might explain some of the safety first approach.

The issue also might not just be financial it takes time to build a scouting network /people forget transfers don't just happen they can be in the works for over a season and he came in around February. Plus we just finished 16th we cannot gamble too much this summer, these factors might explain some of the safety first approach.

Agreed. The recruitment process has been broken at Everton for ages so it’s probably a good thing that Thelwell hasn’t just pushed the button on previously identified targets.

That might have happened if we'd have gotten relegated (couldn't have afforded not to ship out half the squad one way or another), but since we've regained Prem status/cash for another season, it's probably been a big sigh of relief and assuming that we'll be fine in the "top 17" next season as we wont have the injury crises we did. Hence no need for wholesale changes.

That and the players we'd liked to have move on have no bidders in for them and and are too good a contract to seek a move elsewhere for less money.
The fact is there are few poorer midfields on the league than Doucs, Iwobi, Allan, Davies, Gomes and Gbamin. Not a single one fit for purpose - we’ve seen it season on season - expecting them to do any different this year ain’t going to happen. Even if every one of them stays fit for the season - there’s no combination there that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.