Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hits next year’s books mate as they haven’t budgeted it into this years budget that started on 1st July.

So the financial year runs from 1st of July to 30th of June. So depending on the date we agreed, which i would think would be 30th of June, next year we get our money - maybe we are really stupid and agreed it after the 1st of July, no body knows for certain, but id be amazed myself. Still even if it does id like to get the full value out of the deal. Strangely though, our costs indicate a 25 mill loss this financial year (though its early) - coincidentally what the lids fee is. I suppose we're all guessing, but we would have been really stupid if we agreed three financial years into the future and held onto his ammortisation cost, which is 4 odd mill. Was Brands though mind, the dude couldn't sell free beer at a stag a party.

A 6, a 8 and a winger/forward. Those are the three key positions for me. We could probably do with another full back too. I am going to guess and say two purchases and two loans.

Will be interesting to see though whether Lampard trusts any of the youth players to take a squad position permanently next season.

I’d love to see a couple of midfielders come into the first team and really ignore that midfield area. Obviously completely depends if they’re good enough.

It’s going to take 4 or 5 to come in just to get us competent. DCL goes down we are Rondon up front so we need a back striker. We need a replacement for Richi. Two centre midfielders minimum. And another centre back as three we have are atrocious. Can’t see it.
Agree, the amount of business we need to do, outgoings and incomings just to make us a functional team looks unlikely. Last minute panic on deadline day - the approach that’s stood us in such good stead previously.

The fact is there are few poorer midfields on the league than Doucs, Iwobi, Allan, Davies, Gomes and Gbamin. Not a single one fit for purpose - we’ve seen it season on season - expecting them to do any different this year ain’t going to happen. Even if every one of them stays fit for the season - there’s no combination there that works.

I’ve nothing against any of those lads, but you are right, they are not going to start the season as world beaters all of a sudden.

He's literally in the middle of restructuring the entire club at the top like (below board level), maybe cut him some slack.

Like Brands, his entire remit isn't transfers. It's a huge part of the job though but so far we've been limited in that our targets nor budget couldn't be defined until we stayed up, and even then we had to have that big sale.
As I said, I'm happy to defer judgement; but so far, there's not much to write home about. And I certainly don't get why so many people are creaming themselves silly just because we have a new face/name with DOF title.

Has much changed in six months? Is changing the academy setup to resemble most other clubs that amazing? One signing? Not for me. Granted it is tough to get the transfer wheels moving before Prem status is secured, but targets should have been identified long before then, not weeks after. "If we stay up, this is our likely budget, we move for X Y Z. If we go down, this is the plan".

Instead we're weeks away from the start of the season, and if you trust the stories in the media we're still somewhere between City's LB, Spurs backup CM, another Burnley player, or a lad from Wolves who was playing in the second division last season. Happy to cut him slack in the short term, but sooner or later there's got to be tangible results one way or the other.

So the financial year runs from 1st of July to 30th of June. So depending on the date we agreed, which i would think would be 30th of June, next year we get our money - maybe we are really stupid and agreed it after the 1st of July, no body knows for certain, but id be amazed myself. Still even if it does id like to get the full value of the deal. Strangely though, our costs indicate a 25 mill loss this financial year (though its early) - coincidentally what the lids fee is. I suppose we're all guessing, but we would have been really stupid if we agreed three financial years into the future and held onto ammortisation cost, which is 4 odd mill. Was Brands though mind, the dude couldn't sell free beer at a stag a party.
I was getting into my flow as a new resident excel nonce there too. Felt good.

I was getting into my flow as a new resident excel nonce there too. Felt good.

Was stting here thinking of you like this.

1658058138424.png

Completely agree about judging him at the end of the window.

Some positives from my view so far:

The deals we haven’t done. There’s a lot of silly money being thrown around this window. I’m glad we don’t seem to be part of that at the moment.

Selling Richarlison. He had to go, and fortunately no one at the club made any silly overly sentimental decisions about keeping him.

Allowing Delph, Siggurdson, Tosun and Kenny to go. No silly extensions offered to the first three, and no false promises to Kenny, be a bit part player on low wages or get out.

Tarkowski will have had his pick of any club outside the European ones I’d imagine. We’ve still beaten off competition for him.

A lot of work still to do but after watching some of our previous windows sometimes doing less is a positive for Everton.
A slightly generous, but reasonably fair take.

Glad we're not throwing silly money around at rubbish players, but then as so many people are quick to say, we don't have much money, so you can't waste what you don't have.

No probs with Richy going. Offering Kenny an extension on any terms should result in mental checks by the men in white coats IMO, so I'm delighted we're rid of that pub player. JT is a decent player and good addition, but I don't think he'd have as many suitors as people think. I didn't see the likes of Leics or WHam or Wolves falling over themselves to get him - after all, how hard can it of been for us to say "we'll double your salary, give you a deal til you're 33 and you don't even have to move house."

Let's see how things look by window close.

@Littlesue is an honorary fan and doesn’t slate our players any more than we do.
Let me guess is that Zatara having a moan at me?? He the only one who ever been nasty to me on this site, he can't see that even West Brom my main team I got love for Everton as my second team for over 40 years, I probably been to more games as an "Everton" fan than he ever has.

Completely agree about judging him at the end of the window.

Some positives from my view so far:

The deals we haven’t done. There’s a lot of silly money being thrown around this window. I’m glad we don’t seem to be part of that at the moment.

Selling Richarlison. He had to go, and fortunately no one at the club made any silly overly sentimental decisions about keeping him.

Allowing Delph, Siggurdson, Tosun and Kenny to go. No silly extensions offered to the first three, and no false promises to Kenny, be a bit part player on low wages or get out.

Tarkowski will have had his pick of any club outside the European ones I’d imagine. We’ve still beaten off competition for him.

A lot of work still to do but after watching some of our previous windows sometimes doing less is a positive for Everton.
Tarks favoured us because of geography. He wanted to stay in the area which Villa, Newcastle etc… could not offer. We got lucky with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.