Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%

Just pees me right off all the made up nonsense. It is complex, so most folk have to take it as truth. Stressy enough as it is being a blue. Last week “Everton confirmed they are NOT having to seek authorisation for any transfers”. Today we are apparently needing to speak to the PL to get the nod to buy Cornet. All rubbish. No one knows.

Still misunderstanding on here. We do have a pot to pee in. It’s just full of the last three seasons pee (Chang) and we can’t tip any more out till next summer.

Grrr. Beers out, stream on. UTFT

A couple of years ago i started to get worried about our off the field finances and their impact mate and i started to keep a record of our costs and where all our losses were coming from mate, it coincided with us hitting the P/S threshold.

While the media narrative is negative and admittedly we have been a manure show, the weird thing is the commentary is real terms is about 24 months behind the game, for example if we talk about our last losses of £120 mill - which is what most of the media does that is the year we signed Jamo, Doucoure, Godfrey and Josh King etc - essentially Carlos last year.

In that time we have done some heavy lifting on costs, here is breakdown on annual costs:

20/21:

Bernard: 6.24 million, Bolaise: 8.85 mill, Walcott: 9.61, Ramirez 5.85 million, Jamo: 7.8 mill (150k a week), Besic 1.5 mill.

Miscellaneous: Kean (loan) 2.76 mill a year, King: 1.15 million, Olsen: £793k.

Miscellaneous loans.

Incoming fees: Jamo: 7.2 mill + 3 mill, Kean loan fee = £10 .2 million

Total annual costs saved: £43.76 million

Total = £53 .96 million.

Therefore we can project a loss of 70 million for this year i.e. £120 mill - £53 = £67 million.

21/22:

Gylfi: £14.10 mill, Richarlison: £12.88 million, Digne: 8.28 million, Tosun £7.12 million, Kean £2.76 million, Delph £7.76. JJK: £780k.

Miscellaneous: El Gazi 800k, DVB: £3.12

Incoming Fees: Richarlison: £60 mill, Digne: £25 million, Mosie Kean: £3 mill loan fee = £88 million

Total annual costs saved £45.1 million.

Total = £133.1 million

So the headline really is we have saved £99.06 gross in annual costs in the last three windows - in lay mans terms thats cutting the wage bill. We have had incoming fees of £98.2 million gross. So despite the media doom and gloom we have done a lot of heavy lifting in terms of getting our costs down significantly. We are still likely loss making, but far lower then the £120 million being reported that figure is 24 months old now at this stage in real terms of our position.

The above figures are gross they dont take into account what we have spent and other new costs taken on in that period i.e: Gray, Myko, Patterson, Towsend etc. While the 21/22 figures come with the proviso some haven't bitten yet i.e. we haven't had a year of not paying for the likes of Gylfi for a year, so we haven't actually saved that money yet. But we have been doing a lot of heavy lifting and are getting our costs down significantly. So ultimately its not all doom and gloom, we're climbing out of the hole, i suppose is my overall point.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago i started to get worried about our off the field finances and their impact mate and i started to keep a record of our costs and where all our losses were coming from mate, it coincided with us hitting the P/S threshold.

While the media narrative is negative and admittedly we have been a manure show, the weird thing is the commentary is real terms is about 24 months behind the game, for example if we talk about our last losses of £120 mill - which is what most of the media does that is the year we signed Jamo, Doucoure, Godfrey and Josh King etc - essentially Carlos last year.

In that time we have done some heavy lifting on costs, here is breakdown on annual costs:

20/21:

Bernard: 6.24 million, Bolaise: 8.85 mill, Walcott: 9.61, Ramirez 5.85 million, Jamo: 7.8 mill (150k a week), Besic 1.5 mill.

Miscellaneous: Kean (loan) 2.76 mill a year, King: 1.15 million, Olsen: £793k.

Miscellaneous loans.

Incoming fees: Jamo: 7.2 mill + 3 mill, Kean loan fee = £10 .2 million

Total annual costs saved: £43.76 million

Total = £53 .96 million.

Therefore we can project a loss of 70 million for this year i.e. £120 mill - £53 = £67 million.

21/22:

Gylfi: £14.10 mill, Richarlison: £12.88 million, Digne: 8.28 million, Tosun £7.12 million, Kean £2.76 million, Delph £7.76. JJK: £780k.

Miscellaneous: El Gazi 800k, DVB: £3.12

Incoming Fees: Richarlison: £60 mill, Digne: £25 million, Mosie Kean: £3 mill loan fee = £88 million

Total annual costs saved £45.1 million.

Total = £133.1 million

So the headline really is we have saved £99.06 gross in annual costs in the last three windows - in lay mans terms thats cutting the wage bill. We have had incoming fees of £98.2 million gross. So despite the media doom and gloom we have done a lot of heavy lifting in terms of getting our costs down significantly. We are still likely loss making, but far lower then the £120 million being reported that figure is 24 months old now at this stage in real terms of our position.

The above figures are gross they dont take into account what we have spent and other new costs taken on in that period i.e: Gray, Myko, Patterson, Towsend etc. While the 21/22 figures come with the proviso some haven't bitten yet i.e. we haven't had a year of not paying for the likes of Gylfi for a year, so we haven't actually saved that money yet. But we have been doing a lot of heavy lifting and are getting our costs down significantly. So ultimately its not all doom and gloom, we're climbing out of the hole, i suppose is my overall point.
You like the words heavy lifting... nothing wrong with a lot of the other stuff up in here so thanks...

And only ones who play in the EPL. Gone are the days when West Ham used to follow our scouts about like cockney parasites.
I find it odd that our 'targets' such as Zinchenko and even going back to Yarmalenko end up with Moyes and Arteta. I know we should move quicker in our transfers but wonder if we have some spies in our camp who leak details to them. I guess the fact we don't have cash on the hip means we always have to barter but it's sickening when players sign for other teams when there's no hint of any links or drawn out negotiations.

Reactions: SPW
Comparing strikers is always an interesting thing as a lot depends on the players around them but the bottom line is that Watkins has played 2 seasons in the PL and scored 25 goals (14 & 11). That is actually a really good return for someone that is a poor finisher and nor does he have the greatest of first touches. But if he can continue to score 10 to 15 a season in the PL then most clubs outside of the top 4/6 would be very happy with that. He also works his socks off and doesn't hide in games. I haven't seen anywhere as much of DCL playing as you (and I am sure u haven't seen as much of Watkins as I have) but on paper, there is very little to differentiate between them. Unless either of them seriously up their goal return then non Everton and non Villa fans will see them as very similar.
Ollie Watkins has played 6284 mins for Villa which is 70 games worth of mins. He’s scored 25 goals. That’s 0.35 goals a game.

DCL has played 10820 mins at Everton which is around 120 games worth. He’s scored 45 goals. Which is 0.375 goals a game.

So he’s better over a much longer period.

However that period includes the seasons he was playing wing back and all kinds of positions. If we just look at the last 3 seasons (including last season when he was injured the whole time) he has played around 75 games and scored 34 goals.

That’s 0.44 goals per game.

Just to give you context, only 8 strikers have ever maintained a higher goals per game ratio than 0.44 in the history of the PL.

Ollie Watkins has played 6284 mins for Villa which is 70 games worth of mins. He’s scored 25 goals. That’s 0.35 goals a game.

DCL has played 10820 mins at Everton which is around 120 games worth. He’s scored 45 goals. Which is 0.375 goals a game.

However that period includes the seasons he was playing wing back and all kinds of positions. If we just look at the last 3 seasons (including last season when he was injured the whole time) he has played around 75 games and scored 34 goals.

Just to give you context, only 8 strikers have ever maintained a higher goals per game ratio than 0.44 in the history of the PL.

He also did this as a young player, when for most of that time Watkins wasnt even in the PL as he wasnt good enough.

Next season is going to be a relegation scrap. No doubt it my mind. Our midfield can’t pass and are clumsy. If Lampard is insistent on three at the back then we are reliant on Mina staying fit otherwise we are back to two of Holgate, Keane or Godfrey in there with Tarkowski. Recipe for disaster. And to top it all off our creativity is almost zero because we have a combination of an atrocious midfiled and poor forwards now Richi gone (Grey can get in the bin)

We need at least 4 players in asap. The ones linked so far do not inspire much confidence. But that doesn’t even give us the squad depth needed for the inevitable injuries. Huge mess.

Doesn’t paint the real picture though does it.

For the past few pages ive read @Villa_Fan give their opinions which some find 'offensive' or 'head patting' in nature.

While @Littlesue the West Bromich Albion fan continuously slates our players and seems to be welcomed.

Quite bizarre.

Nice to see Lampard hit towards wanting a 6 brought into the club.

Nice to read MGW talks underway.

Not nice to read about Cornet.

@Littlesue is an honorary fan and doesn’t slate our players any more than we do.

Doesn’t paint the real picture though does it.
Of course. It’s only 75 games. The top 8 players have done it consistently over much longer periods. I’m just giving context to the numbers. Henry’s figure is 0.69. Rooney had 0.42.

My main comparison was Watkins v DCL DCL is more prolific, playing for a team that’s been inferior over the same period and is 15 months younger.

He’s a good striker who scores goals when he’s on the pitch.

We can't even just do a deal with a release clause our budget must be tiny.

The original report is from the rag, so id take it with a pinch of salt, loan with an option was the report i think.

These things arent unusual, frist bid is generally a low ball one and you trigger the player for leverage and both sides then set out their positions then and negotiate.

Status
Not open for further replies.