Transfer Rumour Morgan Gibbs-White

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the attitude which has got us into the mess we are in

"It's not your money, why are you bothered?"

"Who cares about resale value?"

"Just pay it"

Depends on the quality of player tbf - if they wanted £30 millions and we stopped at £25 millions and he goes to somewhere like Villa or Leicester and becomes a £60+ million talent everyone would be moaning at the club for not paying the extra bit of cash.

With football fans you're damned if you do and damned if you dont.

The trick is to judge which player is worth spending that bit extra on if required rather than walking away i.e Richarlison.

People keep saying this.

There is a player in there.

After what we saw frank do with Iwobi, maybe see what he can do with Gomes.

Very similar issues. Confidence.

Yes for me on MGW.

1000% agree with setting a ceiling and walking away if that ceiling is reached.

Hahahaha mate I think we saw enough last season to suggest that Lampard can’t get a tune out of Gomes.

People keep saying this.

There is a player in there.

After what we saw frank do with Iwobi, maybe see what he can do with Gomes.

Very similar issues. Confidence.

Yes for me on MGW.

1000% agree with setting a ceiling and walking away if that ceiling is reached.

There’s undoubtedly a player in there but Gomes doesn’t seem to have the application to get it out. The level he was at in that Anfield game under Silva was a million miles above where he is now.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt over injury, different managers etc. but it’s clear that although the talent is there to be a good player (he started off very well under Carlo at the start of the season before last) he just doesn’t have the application or mentality for consistent performances

There’s undoubtedly a player in there but Gomes doesn’t seem to have the application to get it out. The level he was at in that Anfield game under Silva was a million miles above where he is now.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt over injury, different managers etc. but it’s clear that although the talent is there to be a good player (he started off very well under Carlo at the start of the season before last) he just doesn’t have the application or mentality for consistent performances

Or the pace / mobility to succeed in CM in the PL really.

People run past him like he isn't even there.

Status
Not open for further replies.