Who partners Tarkowsi?

• Keane

• Holgate

• Godfrey

• Branthwaite

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder why people rate Godfrey so highly.
He’s been a bit of a disappointment to me .
His positioning is suspect and his aerial ability is woeful especially for a centre back.
He is capable of creditable performances at Left back but has been largely unexceptional at CB.
You can’t have a CB who can’t head the ball.
I much prefer Holgate andI think Lampard appears to also.

i though you`d written a poem the way you layed that out.

Looks like Godfrey is the pick. Personally not sure he’ll ever nail down a place in a CB pairing.

i though you`d written a poem the way you layed that out.

Keane used to feature for Burnley FC,
But then he stepped up and became a Toffee,
He was good enough for 12 England caps,
Despite being involved in several mishaps.

After last season, he's thinking "I'm offski" -
Until we acquired his ex-mate Tarkowski.
Now they'll revive their old partnership,
And we'll never again see him making a slip.

Hope we're not in for a shock.

Keane kept Tarkowski out of he Burnley team.

Burnley fans tend to rate Keane higher.
Might be just how players develop individually. Been some years since they were both at Burnley

Looking at Tarkowski career he has developed throughout and up the various leagues. Where as Keane had exposure young.

Football Development side easily argue Keane has not continued developing and could easily suggest he has regressed as a player.

Depends on who goes really.

Conflicting reports that both Mina AND Keane have been put up for sale. Depending on which one goes I'd imagine the other would be the partner.

Although having said that... I do wonder if Lampard rates Holgate enough that he'll get a proper opportunity. Godfrey is back as well.

Hope we're not in for a shock.

Keane kept Tarkowski out of he Burnley team.

Burnley fans tend to rate Keane higher.
Not sure this is true you know.
I was speaking to a Burnley season ticket holder a while back and he confirmed that Keane was rated highly and that he was seen as a big loss. BUT, he also said that once Tarkowski came into the team, the majority of fans agreed that he was an improvement and were left saying "Michael who?"

I was speaking to a Burnley season ticket holder a while back and he confirmed that Keane was rated highly and that he was seen as a big loss. BUT, he also said that once Tarkowski came into the team, the majority of fans agreed that he was an improvement and were left saying "Michael who?"
Just had a quick look at Burnley forum BTW and it's interesting reading -

Nah. If you ask 100 Burnley fans now who they'd rather have, Keane or Tarkowski - 90+ say Keane. [edit] though recency plays a part there. 100/100 probably say Ben Mee is better than both! lol Keane has been slated for years now. Ask in 5 years and I reckon 90+ say Keane was the better player for them.

Only have to compare their fans reaction to both players leaving. Their replies to their retained list was all about Ben Mee, couldn't find any comment about Tarkowski.

Their fans adored Keane;

He's regarded as one of, if not Dyche's best signings for them.

Our fans was over the moon we signed Keane because he looked so good there - only have to look at the confirmed signing thread on here.

I'm not saying Keane is better than Tarkowski, or Tarkowski will be the same as Keane etc. What I'm saying is I think we should be cautious in assuming a centre half with only top flight experience at Burnley will definitely improve us. I think every centre half we have would look better for Burnley the last few years so let's see.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.