Best performance by an opposition player vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Efan Ekoku, people have already beaten me to it.
Sebastian Frey at Goodison in the Uefa Cup for Fiorentina. he kept that score at 2-0 and got them to pens and through the tie that night.
he still let arteta score from 40 yards though, it was profligate striking from what I remember? Everything hit him because it was aimed straight at him

Juan Sebastian Veron. He seemingly had one blinder in English football and it was against us.

Also I remember Gordon Strachan not breaking a stride when a wayward pass to him went behind him and he backhealed it over his head and back into his run to the stadium all applauding. Just a particularly vivid memory of an opponent's skill.

There's been quite a few.
A magnificent footballer who was easily one of the best midfielders in the world, yet stick him in the premier league and he transformed into absolute dog dirt.

These examples are a lot more rare. I mentioned one last night v Chelsea in 95 (we drew 3-3) and Gullit hardly moved from the centre circle, never lost the ball, never broke a sweat, always looked in control with time on the ball.

Gullit was so far ahead of everyone else in that game, that he ran it 3 nonths before he even signed for Chelsea.

My biggest memory of that game was Paul Furlong scoring 1 of the most blatantly offside goals ive ever seen.

If only we had VAR in the 90s.

Juan Sebastian Veron. He seemingly had one blinder in English football and it was against us.

Also I remember Gordon Strachan not breaking a stride when a wayward pass to him went behind him and he backhealed it over his head and back into his run to the stadium all applauding. Just a particularly vivid memory of an opponent's skill.

There's been quite a few.

I can think of a few aswell.

Dread to think how many will sit down with their Grandkids.
Now let me tell you about my greatest game. We were playing Everton.....

Bradley Allen hat trick for QPR at Goodison early 90s still haunts me. Don’t think he ever did anything else after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.