Best performance by an opposition player vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

…he was an old man but Zlatan Ibrahimivic gave a masterclass of centre forward play when he came to Goodison a few years back. Playing as a lone striker, he went to war with our back four (I think he put Coleman out of the game) and he was technically brilliant with his back to goal play.

i watched him that afternoon in stark contrast to Lukaku who barely showed anything in leading the line for us.

Juan Sebastian Veron. He seemingly had one blinder in English football and it was against us.

Also I remember Gordon Strachan not breaking a stride when a wayward pass to him went behind him and he backhealed it over his head and back into his run to the stadium all applauding. Just a particularly vivid memory of an opponent's skill.

There's been quite a few.

Ian Wright in the 93/94 season scored both in a 2-0 win for Arsenal; his second goal was taken from a Seaman long ball and he's played it from his right foot to his left and then back to right before dinking it over Southall.

Think that was the best goal I've seen scored against us in the flesh. But, like a few other posters, I am a big fan of midfielders who don't appear to break sweat while dictating play, Fabregas always seemed to do that. Think he even made Morata look half decent against us on one occasion too.

Status
Not open for further replies.