• Holgate

• Godfrey

• Branthwaite

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MACCA75

Player Valuation: £70m
If we play a flat back 4, who would be your first pick to partner Tarkowski? I’m making the likely assumption that Mina is sold/injured.

No idea I think I'd prefer another signing there if Mina leaves tbh, the others are just mistake ridden. Godfrey may be better alongside someone like Tarkowski a blend of attributes for a good partnership but after last season i think he has a lot to prove, he gets a bit of a pass for covid mind you.

Godfrey's pace and athleticism (assuming he gets it back after the affects of covid) would be a great foil next to Tarkowski's command and presence.

He hasn’t lost any of his pace or athleticism? That’s clearly not his issue, it’s positioning, awareness, aerial ability and composure, which are things he never had prior to having a cough either.

Gone for Godfrey, who would hopefully learn a lot from him (particularly in the air) and provide us with much needed recovery pace. Could be a great pairing. Keane 3rd choice.

I think that is beyond Godfrey tbh, he just doesn’t have a great leap on him, and he’s mid twenties.

Godfrey because Tarkowski can tell him where to stand at all times the way Jags used to with Distin, Lescott and Stones and positioning is his main issue.
His other main issue is heading and again Tarkowski can make up for that

Status
Not open for further replies.