Best Everton player you have watched in you lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digne and Mykolenko show how rare it is for a left back to have both sides of the game mastered. The media have gone overboard about Robertson Chilwell Cancelo recently but none of them can hold a candle to what Baines did at both ends of the pitch season after season in his prime.
The two free kicks at Upton Park stand out,very rarely are full backs match winners.

I’d say best was Rooney technically, would have loved to say Rodriguez. Most fun? Maybe Manny Fernandes or Pienaar.

Manny Fernandez getting a mention in a thread about the best player you’ve ever seen at Everton ?

Did you get extra special lessons back in school or something.

A couple of drag backs v Arsenal and you are talking about this complete nonentity with a nothing career ahead of Rooney. Made me laugh, thanks for that.

Edit - he mentioned Rooney I’ll give him that.

Last edited:

Loads and loads of great players to choose from in my 60 years as a blue, but, only one of them was Alan Ball. If you were around to see him play I don't have to tell you how good he was. If he was before your time, I would never be able to explain to you just how good he was.

I always struggle with this and trying to comprehend how good players were from generations when the game was different to today. Ask my grandad about the greats all the time but I try and ask him to compare them to players today but says he can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.