The Everton Board Thread

What could they leverage against?
The club's tv cash. The traditional source of security for the best part of two decades. They'd probably loan against future profits on tickets sales for the new stadium also.

Last edited:
Bit of a coincidence though isnt it?

You'll never learn - Bill Kenwright will only leave Everton in a box.

It could be a coincidence, it might not be a coincidence. I know as much as you do about this proposed takeover.

What I do know is that Adrian Heath is the manager of Minnesota United and was part of 2 title winning Everton squads. We are going to play his side in a pre season friendly. Whether there is more to it, how could I possibly know, and how could you possibly know.

Consortium planning to buy Everton won’t waste money in the transfer market​

Current owner Farhad Moshiri has spent more than half a billion pounds on players in six years.​

By Press Association Published: 30 June 2022 - 4.13pm
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter
Football Premier League Everton
2.59530077.jpg

The consortium in discussions to buy Everton have deep enough resources to complete the purchase without the need for a leveraged buy-out but will not be engaging in the kind of wasteful spending seen under current owner Farhad Moshiri.
A group spearheaded by former Manchester United and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon and bankrolled by United States real estate tycoon Maciek Kaminski and billionaire mining and investment magnate John Thornton are engaged in exclusive negotiations to purchase the Toffees.
The PA news agency understands they hope to have the takeover completed by the time the club play a pre-season friendly against Minnesota United in Kaminski’s home city of Minneapolis on July 21.
However, unlike Moshiri who has spent more than half a billion pounds on players in six years, the prospective new owners will not be “throwing money around like confetti”, according to a source.
While the buy-out will be 100 percent equity the reported £500million purchase price – which does not include the cost of finishing the new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock for a similar figure – will acquire the club’s current debt but “wouldn’t touch the sides” of the combined wealth of the interested parties.
The consortium, through the shell company KAM Sports LLC, established in February to own and manage premier international sports assets, intend to take a balanced approach with “sensible” investments – which include the Finch Farm training ground and youth team – to bring success to a club which only avoided relegation in the penultimate match of last season.
Everton’s current financial restrictions, they have posted cumulative losses of more than £370m over the last three financial years, mean there cannot be a splurge on transfers and wages which has contributed to their current plight, although club officials argue the implications of Covid have been particularly damaging.
But with Kenyon set to be installed as executive chairman, meaning an end to the long reign of Bill Kenright who has become a divisive figure for disgruntled fans, the prospective new owners believe they can usher in a more professional and efficient way of running the club.
Fan reaction to how the board has managed things has not gone unnoticed by leading figures in the consortium, who are committed to significantly better supporter engagement.
It is also understood Kaminski, with his experience in real estate, views the area around Bramley-Moore Dock as having huge redevelopment potential, even if the stadium build and Goodison Park regeneration are set in stone.

The club's tv cash. The traditional source of security for the best part of two decades.

The maths dont work mate. Not in a million years. Like, dont get me wrong, I am very wary of this lot, but no way could you source £1 Billion of leverage against the possibility of getting circa £120 Million a year, unless you managed to get a decent team playing for the minimum wage and only ever signed 15 year olds.

Cos currently, about 90% of that money goes on wages. And we have no where near the non TV income to bridge that.

The maths dont work mate. Not in a million years. Like, dont get me wrong, I am very wary of this lot, but no way could you source £1 Billion of leverage against the possibility of getting circa £120 Million a year, unless you managed to get a decent team playing for the minimum wage and only ever signed 15 year olds.

Cos currently, about 90% of that money goes on wages. And we have no where near the non TV income to bridge that.
Yes, I just edited my above response. They could borrow against the club's future earnings at the stadium. Ticket prices would be hiked.

Current owner Farhad Moshiri has spent more than half a billion pounds on players in six years.​

2.59530077.jpg

The consortium in discussions to buy Everton have deep enough resources to complete the purchase without the need for a leveraged buy-out but will not be engaging in the kind of wasteful spending seen under current owner Farhad Moshiri.
A group spearheaded by former Manchester United and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon and bankrolled by United States real estate tycoon Maciek Kaminski and billionaire mining and investment magnate John Thornton are engaged in exclusive negotiations to purchase the Toffees.
The PA news agency understands they hope to have the takeover completed by the time the club play a pre-season friendly against Minnesota United in Kaminski’s home city of Minneapolis on July 21.
However, unlike Moshiri who has spent more than half a billion pounds on players in six years, the prospective new owners will not be “throwing money around like confetti”, according to a source.
While the buy-out will be 100 percent equity the reported £500million purchase price – which does not include the cost of finishing the new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock for a similar figure – will acquire the club’s current debt but “wouldn’t touch the sides” of the combined wealth of the interested parties.
The consortium, through the shell company KAM Sports LLC, established in February to own and manage premier international sports assets, intend to take a balanced approach with “sensible” investments – which include the Finch Farm training ground and youth team – to bring success to a club which only avoided relegation in the penultimate match of last season.
Everton’s current financial restrictions, they have posted cumulative losses of more than £370m over the last three financial years, mean there cannot be a splurge on transfers and wages which has contributed to their current plight, although club officials argue the implications of Covid have been particularly damaging.
But with Kenyon set to be installed as executive chairman, meaning an end to the long reign of Bill Kenright who has become a divisive figure for disgruntled fans, the prospective new owners believe they can usher in a more professional and efficient way of running the club.
Fan reaction to how the board has managed things has not gone unnoticed by leading figures in the consortium, who are committed to significantly better supporter engagement.
It is also understood Kaminski, with his experience in real estate, views the area around Bramley-Moore Dock as having huge redevelopment potential, even if the stadium build and Goodison Park regeneration are set in stone.

BMD may yet be Moshiri’s one master stroke. Owning a large part of an upwardly mobile waterfront is pure pound signs for potential new owners.

My main worry is they'll build BMD and be owners and rent/lease the ground back to us as tenants.

Its gone from £1 billion sale with guarantees of building BMD included in the price to recent reports of £500 million for the club only.

While I think you'd have to be very naive not to be skeptical of these guys, there is no doubt in my mind that Peter Kenyon as "executive chairman" is a massive upgrade on "the Chairman". Bill is out of his depth in this company - so this, alone, is a great thing. However, whatever proven expertise Kenyon brings, he's not exactly young himself. So, I can't help feel that this is all a bit short-term at the moment.

Kenyon as Executive Chairman. That would be surprising. How long has he been out of the game at that level? Surely that would be on an interim basis.

2.59530077.jpg

I have to say this sounds ominous:

'The consortium in discussions to buy Everton have deep enough resources to complete the purchase without the need for a leveraged buy-out but will not be engaging in the kind of wasteful spending seen under current owner Farhad Moshiri....unlike Moshiri who has spent more than half a billion pounds on players in six years, the prospective new owners will not be “throwing money around like confetti”, according to a source.'

That's confusing the issue. The spending wasn't the problem, the people hired to spend it was. Spending is not 'wasteful' per se, spending badly is.

So if they really do have mega cash and they are ambitious and not just in it for the stadium and a sale thereafter then there should be no message to fans that we face an austere period under them.

They've been advised they can make that pitch by people who feel the fans just want their PL status secured and not much else.

This lot have me very worried. I dont trust them AT ALL.

BMD may yet be Moshiri’s one master stroke. Owning a large part of an upwardly mobile waterfront is pure pound signs for potential new owners.
That's why they're here. Not to spend cash on the pitch other than to keep the PL tv cash and PL status plate up and spinning.

They'll be a disaster this lot. We'll get completely rinsed here.

I know we're in a bad situation now, but that was down to poor judgement on spending. With this lot we'll be limping into that stadium and then sold off.

Fingers crossed the ones who put that story into The Times are still contesting this and will come through with a better offer to Moshiri.

I have to say this sounds ominous:

'The consortium in discussions to buy Everton have deep enough resources to complete the purchase without the need for a leveraged buy-out but will not be engaging in the kind of wasteful spending seen under current owner Farhad Moshiri....unlike Moshiri who has spent more than half a billion pounds on players in six years, the prospective new owners will not be “throwing money around like confetti”, according to a source.'

That's confusing the issue. The spending wasn't the problem, the people hired to spend it was. Spending is not 'wasteful' per se, spending badly is.

So if they really do have mega cash and they are ambitious and not just in it for the stadium and a sale thereafter then there should be no message to fans that we face an austere period under them.

They've been advised they can make that pitch by people who feel the fans just want their PL status secured and not much else.

This lot have me very worried. I dont trust them AT ALL.

Carpetbaggers mate.

We laughed as Mike Ashley strangled Newcastle for years and had many in their fanbase give up / stay away due to no investment and no hope.

These lads will do the same to us no question in my mind.

While I think you'd have to be very naive not to be skeptical of these guys, there is no doubt in my mind that Peter Kenyon as "executive chairman" is a massive upgrade on "the Chairman". Bill is out of his depth in this company - so this, alone, is a great thing. However, whatever proven expertise Kenyon brings, he's not exactly young himself. So, I can't help feel that this is all a bit short-term at the moment.
Oh this is the part that pleases the technocrats: good order in the boardroom. Good housekeeping. That's what they seem to be pitching their bid on - and many accept it at face value.