Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Esk, we have little wiggle room.

105M is a limit for losses, so if I understand it correctly we'll have maybe 25M to spend this summer (every sales from tomorrow goes to next financial year).

Finding it really hard Sri be optimistic about next season. We’ve lost our best player who bled blue to get us out of relegation. We don’t appear to have any real thought yet into how we line up to next season. Players who are reliably linked don’t seem what we need or proven to the point we know what we are getting. I’m happy with the deal we got for Richy and he isn’t irreplaceable. His numbers aren’t massive.

I just have a horrid feeling he won’t get replaced properly.

My sentiments as well. This is supposed to be an exciting time and nearly every link is one I am extremely concerned by. I dont think the club has rectified anything or been rattled by the relegation fear in cleaning up their approach to the market. They are going on as usual chasing arguably proven commodities on large wages with limited sell on potential. Dennis, Winks, Zinchenko...they should be in the corners of Europe investing in value propositions that could actually get us out of a financial hell hole.

The Richy sell was inevitable, but if they use his return for players entering their prime, with questionable sell on potential, that will likely not move the needle on the pitch, its shame on them. I enjoy pondering names as much as anyone but lets not kid ourselves this board arent looking in those directions. If Thelwell has watched a match not in english I would find it surprising. They have their archetype and I think its the wrong one. Im hoping to be proven wrong, not the other way around.

105M is a limit for losses, so if I understand it correctly we'll have maybe 25M to spend this summer (every sales from tomorrow goes to next financial year).

I mean, surely we can spend more than that, it just means we're off to a rough start to the next cycle of years and requires us to sell more in that timeframe (as all clubs should).

I could be wrong, but we have 105 limit, that we are on the cusp of. So a small net positive just keeps us within that.

I mean, surely we can spend more than that, it just means we're off to a rough start to the next cycle of years and requires us to sell more in that timeframe (as all clubs should).

Next year is a new cycle, as you say, losing the 17/18 year which has heavy losses.

I know it's a doom and gloom outlook based on my previous post. When you think about how we will line up, whichever way you put it, and whichever players you include, it's hard to see any of the teams really performing or at least getting us safe to buy time until the new stadium. For example, best team with WHAT WE HAVE now (although it will change) and ofcourse this just opinions.

Pickford.

Coleman/Patterson
Mina
Tarkowski
Mykolenko

Allan
Doucoure
Dele/Iwobi

Gordon
Gray
DCL

Players who are likely swapped in/out - Holgate, Keane, Davies, Begovic, Townsend
  • Pickford - yep fine all good.
  • Coleman - will start ahead of Patterson based upon Frank's initial viewpoint. Coleman is way wya past it and Patterson is young with little experience.
  • Mina - Most likely leaving due to one year left on contract, say he doesnt, he's not going to play many games as Mina/Tark combination would be pretty solid
  • Mykolenko - Has improved vastly since his arrival, still a lot to be judged on and prove himself though - no clear understudy.
  • Allan - Can be a tidy passer and a little terrier, but doenst have the legs at all, not mobile. CANNOT play in a 2.
  • Doucoure - has the legs, doesnt have the technical ability, also cant play in a 2
  • Dele - jury will still be out, has the technical ability, does he have the drive? Not sure he does.
  • Iwobi - Astonishingly would have been first out last summer for me, has really upped his stock, needs more output but attitude has been very good. Squad player for me.
  • Gordon - Improving every game, needs more end product both wide and infront of goal. No issue with him being in a starting 11
  • Gray - Doesn't fill me with much confidence. Doesnt have a spark about him, very whacky in front of goal, seems to always want to be the hero.
  • DCL - Showed one or two games at end of season he may look back to his poaching self, but technically not the best.

Keane - Only can play a low block where he has defensive full backs next to him. Will struggle with any of the available full backs to us.
Holgate - Really dont think hes good enough whatsoever.
Davies - not good enough
Begovic - meh, decent enough back up.
Townsend - injured till next year, again, very hot and cold though.
Rondon - garbage.
Gomes - Garbage, most likely going.

I hate to be this pessimistic, and I know we will do something in the window, but I'm finding it really difficult to see how another 2/3 signings are going to rejuvenate that group of players into playing football and not just working hard. With teams around us and above all making improvements, I can't see any positive outcome from this season, or at least other than staying up narrowly again.

El Bilal Toure from Reims linked by 90mins

Apparently weve been scouting him "extensively" this year...not Ekitike though lol

Take with a pinch of salt

That £70 million "loss" wont include any covid losses & stadium costs that we'll try offset so it wont be that bad either.

@Neiler That correct sir?

Hang on, if the sales cover the £70m losses then how will we only have £25m to spend???
Assume he meant £35m.

THat's before taking into account Kean going this summer with that £25/30m as well.

We may do something, plus any bonus cash for the likes of Gomes and co.

Its the direction of travel that matters, because teams are making losses due to covid. I'm pretty sure we were miles over the £105m figure last time.

If we are cutting costs, and make a big sale, then they will struggle to argue we are not trying to be compliant.

That's how I understand it. Without the Richarlison sale, our accounts for the last 3 years are catastrophic and would not fall in line with P&S rules. However, Richie's sale brings down last years accounting losses considerably. We then lose the accounts from 3 years ago - which were terrible.

Ergo, we actually have wriggle room to spend, but will have to be making some more money over the next few years.

Finding it really hard Sri be optimistic about next season. We’ve lost our best player who bled blue to get us out of relegation. We don’t appear to have any real thought yet into how we line up to next season. Players who are reliably linked don’t seem what we need or proven to the point we know what we are getting. I’m happy with the deal we got for Richy and he isn’t irreplaceable. His numbers aren’t massive.

I just have a horrid feeling he won’t get replaced properly.
I think we need to buy to make a good team, not one players do we
l and most of the other not. It’s a team game and we haven’t been very good at that for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.