Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

We'd end up with Davy Klaassen again.
Not really what I was talking about, as we paid £25m for Klassen, the Ajax captain.

Just look at Watford and the money they have spent and taken off us

Doucoure bought for £10.6m, sold £22m
Richarlison bought for £12.4m sold £39m (£50m)
Dennis bought for £4m, sold £20m (rumoured)

Other clubs do it as well, look and Leicester, we need to be buying players outside of the premier league and stop paying over £20m for players, just because they have 1 year premier league experience.

Can be "written down" for the end of this month to set against PL Profit & Sustainability. Cash doesn't need to be in the bank

This is the EPL ...... anything is possible (including giving our new Yankee prospective owner(s) a clean bill of health under their "fit & proper" tests)
No, you cant just "write something down" that it "totally was on June 30th, ignore the actual paperwork". If there is literal paperwork showing the sale completed on July 1st, than legally thats when it happened and thats when you have to account for it unless you want to go to jail for fraud. The accounting of when the revenue is earned has to be what the paperwork says and when it was signed. Especially when you have already been under scrutiny and its such a high profile transfer where everyone has already been talking about that.

Anything is only possible in the minds of vapid tabloid writers who know nothing of the clubs finances or else they would have had articles about Everton needing to sell many months ago for the great attention it would have gotten them. But they didnt. For good reason. Until one guy on the internet suggested it and they saw opportunity to get some clicks.

Finding it really hard Sri be optimistic about next season. We’ve lost our best player who bled blue to get us out of relegation. We don’t appear to have any real thought yet into how we line up to next season. Players who are reliably linked don’t seem what we need or proven to the point we know what we are getting. I’m happy with the deal we got for Richy and he isn’t irreplaceable. His numbers aren’t massive.

I just have a horrid feeling he won’t get replaced properly.

Finding it really hard Sri be optimistic about next season. We’ve lost our best player who bled blue to get us out of relegation. We don’t appear to have any real thought yet into how we line up to next season. Players who are reliably linked don’t seem what we need or proven to the point we know what we are getting. I’m happy with the deal we got for Richy and he isn’t irreplaceable. His numbers aren’t massive.

I just have a horrid feeling he won’t get replaced properly.
We are really going to find out now what Thelwell and Lampard are made of, and what if anything has been learned from past mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.