2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, it's a 1st offence.

There have been other offences of such rules, which involved a slap on the wrist/small fine.

That would be the precedent. A points deduction, especially in light of what the scab 6 got for greater offences, would wholly disproportionate, and perhaps unconstitutional. We should contest in courts and probably win.

That being said, if 60m is on the table for Richarlison it makes sense to sell. Not because of what compliant media people egg on, but because it's the right play for the football club.
I don't even mean the points part as much as we have no money. You can't just have no money and expect it to be fine in a year.

Literally nothing to say that. There's two articles out from the Times and The Athletic this eve that say we're not budging on our valuation (believed to be £60m minimum)

No good to us that mate neither are add ons with Spurs being a perennial loser club much like ourselves.

Club should have made it clear from the get go - £70 millions or keep him until January and after the WC if he smashes it for Brazil / starts the season in good form someone will take him for £55-60 millions anyway you would imagine.

That would be the precedent. A points deduction, especially in light of what the scab 6 got for greater offences, would wholly disproportionate, and perhaps unconstitutional. We should contest in courts and probably win.
Still proper grates me that the worlds biggest clubs and Spurs tried to ruin football forever and it’s barely been mentioned by the media since the initial uproar.

Meanwhile, our owner spends his own money on a load of mostly unsuccessful transfers and there’s talks of points deductions.

Make it make sense.

I agree with what you are saying, we dont have the luxury of digging our heels in and saying 80m or we walk.

We appear to have made our stand at 60m.

And thats for the many reasons we are all very aware of.

In most situations you can always risk holding on for more. It's a risk reward situation. 60m feels a risk reward balance that is titled in our favour.

The noise abouts points deductions doesnt really wordy me, I dont think it would be attempted and were it wouldnt stand, but we do have to run our business better, which sometimes involves selling players.

Still proper grates me that the worlds biggest clubs and Spurs tried to ruin football forever and it’s barely been mentioned by the media since the initial uproar.

Meanwhile, our owner spends his own money on a load of mostly unsuccessful transfers and there’s talks of points deductions.

Make it make sense.

A court wont, if it was ever taken to court.

As what happened with City, it takes years, costs the PLs millions, and gets thrown out.

I don't even mean the points part as much as we have no money. You can't just have no money and expect it to be fine in a year.

Yes.

I know you mean it, but we lose money every year.

Even if we were ran well, we would probably lose money every year. You get around that by effectively selling players.

Status
Not open for further replies.