Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We certainly need a creative player since we’ve lost Digne, Sigurdsson and James. Not saying McNeil is that player but he can put a good ball in and could create chances for DCL
If we lose Richarlison we have to find a way to replace his goal contribution and there is no evidence McNeil can do this.
I see him as a decent conventional winger whereas personally I would prefer a mobile forward who offers far more goal threat.

Always good to have different ways to score... Gordon and Gray are good on the counter attack and they generally cut inside and shoot not creating much for others and I think we need to address that.

The main thing DCL is good at is his athleticism and leap, he can out jump any defender and like that Cornet miss, Gordon or Gray could be getting to the far post for those types of crosses.
Putting the crosses in the box is obviously important, in the modern game most of it comes from the full backs and that’s what has let us down over the years. Apart from digne we’ve offered very little from the full back area. Mykolenko looks like he will get better and better and hopefully Patterson will come in and give us more going forward, because Coleman is a waste of space in the attacking 3rd.

Gray isn’t good enough for me. I think Gordon will get better and I’m happy for him to be a regular next season, hopefully If richarlison goes we target a quality player as his replacement.

Most Manager and players are still on holiday no need to panic yet
I think Everton are purposely not doing business yet because of the accounts/FFP/P&S scenario. Our accounts for 21/22 close in 11 days and Everton will know what our financial position is and that will include the wages c£400k per week for the players being released on 30th. Any trading done after 30th June will go in the accounts for a year (22/23) WITHOUT those released players.

If that makes sense.

If we lose Richarlison we have to find a way to replace his goal contribution and there is no evidence McNeil can do this.
I see him as a decent conventional winger whereas personally I would prefer a mobile forward who offers far more goal threat.
100% - if Richy goes then we only have Gray and Gordon as Townsend is our until next year apparently.

We’d need two wide attackers and hopefully one of them will need to contribute with goals.

I’d say let’s wait and see, every summer we get linked with dross, it the way it is in the media unfortunately and how we’re seen these days.
Wait for the itk’s to speak. Like Fabrizio with Zinchencko yesterday I don’t think any of them 3 players will be in an Everton shirt and has any journalist, with an ounce of knowledge mentioned them?

I also think we will not sell cheap, if we keep richarlison then so be it, I think the club will work around what money we have and what we can generate from other sales. I could be wrong, well hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think the club will cave in late in the window, like they have in the past
Agreed.
People read opinions on here and take them as fact.

I think we know two things only.
Tarkoswki has been signed.
Richarlison want to leave and the club are happy to receive the money.
Everything else is guessing.

…I’m not advocating buying the lad (although I’m not against it) it was more an opportunity to mention Shee
We need to think past the idea formations and tactics are static whilst labelling players in those roles, wheat I mean is.....

City play a 3 man midfield, defensive Rodri will be the 6 and De Bruyne/Silva will be the 8s but offensively when they are in the opponents half of the pitch Rodri will be come the 8 and De Bruyne and Silva 10s.... Does that make sense?

It all depends on how the manager/coaches view the game and the patterns of play they implement.
I think he would be a big risk due the the cost particularly in salary. Not convinced he is suited to a struggling outfit like us. I want a proper number 6. We need a Gareth Barry type not these weaklings like Winks, Zinchenko and Gilmour

100% - if Richy goes then we only have Gray and Gordon as Townsend is our until next year apparently.

We’d need two wide attackers and hopefully one of them will need to contribute with goals.
The talk was at first it’s unlikely Townsend will ever plays again for us, but maybe he will be back just after Christmas, but he will only be a squad player. If richarlison does go I can see us getting a first choice wide forward and maybe a young one With potential

Putting the crosses in the box is obviously important, in the modern game most of it comes from the full backs and that’s what has let us down over the years. Apart from digne we’ve offered very little from the full back area. Mykolenko looks like he will get better and better and hopefully Patterson will come in and give us more going forward, because Coleman is a waste of space in the attacking 3rd.

Gray isn’t good enough for me. I think Gordon will get better and I’m happy for him to be a regular next season, hopefully If richarlison goes we target a quality player as his replacement.
Yeah hopefully Mykolenko can improve there, put in some good crosses for Ukraine in recent matches so positive signs and Patterson looks good attacking wise.

Will be interesting to see what we do if Richy does go, he’ll be a huge miss and a priority to replace. Obviously McNiel is not that replacement but could be a good squad addition.

Agreed.
People read opinions on here and take them as fact.

I think we know two things only.
Tarkoswki has been signed.
Richarlison want to leave and the club are happy to receive the money.
Everything else is guessing.
It’s like the winks link, because it came from Matt law people took us as gospel, he’s close Chelsea and knows Frank, what are him and frank drinking buddies? Has Frank phoned him up and told him we want Winks.

Obviously some links will come out , the Bobble reporting we had bid for KLP, but even now 3 weeks later you see Radom no mark journalists posting about KLP and who’s after him and we aren’t even mentioned. Like the buy out, again this came from Law who is close to kenyon, but if you listen to Matt slater on theEsk pod. He says another American group are much closer to purchasing Everton than Kenyon’s group.

I could be wrong, but I’d imagine Thelwell, Frank, bill I suppose and a few others would have had meetings about transfers and targets. And most of it will be kept in house

Yeah hopefully Mykolenko can improve there, put in some good crosses for Ukraine in recent matches so positive signs and Patterson looks good attacking wise.

Will be interesting to see what we do if Richy does go, he’ll be a huge miss and a priority to replace. Obviously McNiel is not that replacement but could be a good squad addition.
But he’d be an expensive squad addition, that I don’t think we can afford right now.

Agreed, let’s sign pope , tarks, maybe make a move for cornet and McNeil , then a quick raid for puki and Dennis .. let’s keep this theme going of signing relagated players and push for the cl
The GK you support - Pickford - was a relegated GK.

This is predictably heading towards the disaster we feared. It is sell to buy for us and the other clubs know this. They can sweat us out with low offers for our only prized assets knowing ultimately we will have to accept at the end of the window leaving us to do a late trolly dash for a few overpriced mediocre players at the end of the window like Winks, McNeil and the lad from Leicester
LOL., why ignore strong links to Zinchenko and then dwell upon absolute non-stories like Choudray?!?! Eeyore!

Status
Not open for further replies.