Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is predictably heading towards the disaster we feared. It is sell to buy for us and the other clubs know this. They can sweat us out with low offers for our only prized assets knowing ultimately we will have to accept at the end of the window leaving us to do a late trolly dash for a few overpriced mediocre players at the end of the window like Winks, McNeil and the lad from Leicester

This is predictably heading towards the disaster we feared. It is sell to buy for us and the other clubs know this. They can sweat us out with low offers for our only prized assets knowing ultimately we will have to accept at the end of the window leaving us to do a late trolly dash for a few overpriced mediocre players at the end of the window like Winks, McNeil and the lad from Leicester
The position is quite simple - free transfers and loans only unless players are sold.

This will be the case for the summer 2022 and 2023 transfer windows.

There will be little to spend until the cumulative losses fall out of the FFP calculation which is on a rolling basis.

I’d say let’s wait and see, every summer we get linked with dross, it the way it is in the media unfortunately and how we’re seen these days.
Wait for the itk’s to speak. Like Fabrizio with Zinchencko yesterday I don’t think any of them 3 players will be in an Everton shirt and has any journalist, with an ounce of knowledge mentioned them?

I also think we will not sell cheap, if we keep richarlison then so be it, I think the club will work around what money we have and what we can generate from other sales. I could be wrong, well hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think the club will cave in late in the window, like they have in the past

We certainly need a creative player since we’ve lost Digne, Sigurdsson and James. Not saying McNeil is that player but he can put a good ball in and could create chances for DCL
Not sure about that and I don’t think how we’re going to play next season, basically trying to put could balls in for DCL, when he’s marked by 2 big CB’s, them tactics will come crashing down. Teams can easily defend against that.

That seemed to be Rafael’s tactics And I think lampard will want us to play a lot differently

I’d say let’s wait and see, every summer we get linked with dross, it the way it is in the media unfortunately and how we’re seen these days.
Wait for the itk’s to speak. Like Fabrizio with Zinchencko yesterday I don’t think any of them 3 players will be in an Everton shirt and has any journalist, with an ounce of knowledge mentioned them?

I also think we will not sell cheap, if we keep richarlison then so be it, I think the club will work around what money we have and what we can generate from other sales. I could be wrong, well hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think the club will cave in late in the window, like they have in the past
What did Fabio say?

The position is quite simple - free transfers and loans only unless players are sold.

This will be the case for the summer 2022 and 2023 transfer windows.

There will be little to spend until the cumulative losses fall out of the FFP calculation which is on a rolling basis.
Fees aren’t actually free. I’d argue Tarkowski on our accounts next season would cost more than the kid from hull, who could cost 20mil.

Most Manager and players are still on holiday no need to panic yet

Attachments

• 762EBAA0-1F13-4679-AF7E-7455DDEFBD7B.jpeg
    762EBAA0-1F13-4679-AF7E-7455DDEFBD7B.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 199

How do think this would balance mate:

Dele- Zinchenko-Doucoure.

Think we need to loose a few bodies in the engine room, Gomes & Gbamin.
I like this, gives us a forward threat and as long as we can see the work rate from Dele a good platform to build on, again I go back to City where they have Rodri as the holder with De Bruyne and Silva off him.

Dele did play that role against Palace when he came on 2nd half, like you said Douc played the Pivot and the other was Iwobi....

Zinchenko plays left CM for Ukraine so if we did have a 6 in mind to bring in he could easily do that role aswell. I hope we are going for a 3 man midfield and not the 2 with 5 at the back.

How do think this would balance mate:

Dele- Zinchenko-Doucoure.

Think we need to loose a few bodies in the engine room, Gomes & Gbamin.
Not for me, doucoure is a terrible footballer Needs to be a back up next season
I’d play iwobi right , zinchenko left and have a new number 6 in the middle

Whether Zinchenko would play as a 6 or a 8 I believe we need another midfielder too...

We need to think past the idea formations and tactics are static whilst labelling players in those roles, wheat I mean is.....

City play a 3 man midfield, defensive Rodri will be the 6 and De Bruyne/Silva will be the 8s but offensively when they are in the opponents half of the pitch Rodri will be come the 8 and De Bruyne and Silva 10s.... Does that make sense?

It all depends on how the manager/coaches view the game and the patterns of play they implement.

Not sure about that and I don’t think how we’re going to play next season, basically trying to put could balls in for DCL, when he’s marked by 2 big CB’s, them tactics will come crashing down. Teams can easily defend against that.

That seemed to be Rafael’s tactics And I think lampard will want us to play a lot differently
Always good to have different ways to score... Gordon and Gray are good on the counter attack and they generally cut inside and shoot not creating much for others and I think we need to address that.

The main thing DCL is good at is his athleticism and leap, he can out jump any defender and like that Cornet miss, Gordon or Gray could be getting to the far post for those types of crosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.