2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
@catcherintherye just to add to the above.

Do you think if Spurs offered £50mil for Bowen, West Ham would sell? Or even £60mil?

Thats West Ham were talking about...to add to Southampton, Wolves and God knows who.

If were going to be negotiating it should be £75-85mil range. The ONLY way this level of cash drops is when there are players involved from the other side that Thelwell and Lampard agree on.

in an ideal world we'd do a deal with a Spanish side or Chelsea.

If we sold Richarlison and signed Cornet and Dennis Id lose a huge amount of interest.

Wouldnt take either player on a free.

Law is clued up with Chelsea of course.

Id not be surprised to see 2 or 3 clubs make moves and this to be wrapped up by month end.

Yes interesting points. I'll try to answer.

I don't think West Ham would sell Bowen for 50 or even 60m. I think over that, and West Ham would consider selling. West Ham are in a stronger position than us for FFP too though. If they were in our situation, I suspect they might sell around 55-60m. I don't think 51m as an opening is way out.

As for Cornet/Dennis, seems a fair bit of push back on both, by people brighter than me, I haven't seen a huge amount of either, but the bits I have, which admittedly is this season, I think both have done quite well. I wouldn't get too fixated on those names, other than to say, there are options available.

I think we will try to negotiate upwards. That is probably right and I probably think if we get towards 60m I sense a deal may be done.

Same, he needs to go abroad

Surely Spurs arent after him anyway, where would he play?

Conte will play a 3-5-2 with two sitting and then Richarlison, Kane and Son as the front 3, probably rotating as all three like to come deep to collect the ball.

Also, Spurs will need players able to compete with Kane and Son. To win things you need to have strong benches too, look at City and Liverpool. If Spurs aspire to that, they need more options.

What do you think led Cornet to score the goals he did this year? Is it an anomale?

For me look at his stats when he plays wide, they are no better than what we have in Gray/Townsend etc his goals came when up front, a position if he played there for us means we are relegation fodder as he doesn't do the other stuff you need a central striker to do.

Bill and the board clearly went to him in February/March and said to the lad keep us up and we'll wave you off with a smile. We can't now try to stand in his way by asking for too much. 60m is a reasonable fee.

Conte will play a 3-5-2 with two sitting and then Richarlison, Kane and Son as the front 3, probably rotating as all three like to come deep to collect the ball.

Also, Spurs will need players able to compete with Kane and Son. To win things you need to have strong benches too, look at City and Liverpool. If Spurs aspire to that, they need more options.
He honestly won't get in over Kulusevski by default. He can earn that spot.

Hup Eagles

Personally I don’t care about him going to Spurs, seems an odd choice tbh. They aren’t going to win anything anytime soon and will just make up the numbers in the CL. With there attacking 3 he will be a bench player most games. Fair enough we aren’t in the CL but he might not even get a game in the CL with spurs. I don’t get it.

£60m plus Moura isn’t the worst deal. Not great but not the the worst either.

Bill and the board clearly went to him in February/March and said to the lad keep us up and we'll wave you off with a smile. We can't now try to stand in his way by asking for too much. 60m is a reasonable fee.
He is worth more than that for me, what is Lucas Moura's value, considering if it was even true, its 60mil plus him

Personally I don’t care about him going to Spurs, seems an odd choice tbh. They aren’t going to win anything anytime soon and will just make up the numbers in the CL. With there attacking 3 he will be a bench player most games. Fair enough we aren’t in the CL but he might not even get a game in the CL with spurs. I don’t get it.

£60m plus Moura isn’t the worst deal. Not great but not the the worst either.

Include Moura and I'd hang up the phone and block their number.

It's a baffling link to spurs, Richie is not an individual who would be content as a squad rotation player and Kulusevski has been superb. I dont think he would be dropped. This scenario is depressing enough dont need to introduce mediocre moura in the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.