Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

I can see us being put on the naughty step for another transfer window and then let loose to spend again.

Yep this year will be tight, though i can see/hope for some sales - Richarlison looks gonzo - that will help as a bare minimum, the time between now and 1st of July will tell us a lot.

Yep this year will be tight, though i can see/hope for some sales - Richarlison looks gonzo - that will help, the time between now and 1st of July will tell us a lot.
Richarlison is defo gone. As @Saint Domingo said before: let's hope we see the market for forwards established soon if Liverpool or United spend upwards of €80M on a kid from Benfica.

Its a corrupt game.

Everton geting Tarkowski and handing a sweetener to Burnley for it wouldn't make me blink, tbh.

He's a free agent. It has ZERO to do with Burnley where he goes.

I get where Dave is coming from tbf

Burnley's little letter of complaint might evaporate if we send some money their way for Tarkowski, and if the PL is happy with it then it might mean they'll loosen the shackles on us because we in effect did them a favour by making the threat of legal action from Burnley go away

Now that Leeds are safe I can't see them wanting to pursue it either, so if we pay off Burnley then the matter is all but resolved. Newcastle will still whinge but all the PL needs to do is turn a blind eye to their Saudi spending and they'll soon be placated

Dave has quite a clever idea here actually, but I can't see Everton being smart enough to make such a deal happen

Burnley's little letter of complaint might evaporate if we send some money their way for Tarkowski, and if the PL is happy with it then it might mean they'll loosen the shackles on us because we in effect did them a favour by making the threat of legal action from Burnley go away

Now that Leeds are safe I can't see them wanting to pursue it either, so if we pay off Burnley then the matter is all but resolved. Newcastle will still whinge but all the PL needs to do is turn a blind eye to their Saudi spending and they'll soon be placated

Dave has quite a clever idea here actually, but I can't see Everton being smart enough to make such a deal happen
We didn't do anything wrong. The origainal sources more or less said so when challenged .The letter they sent was pointless.

I very well understand the desire to 'bribe' Burnley.

But this isn't a vehicle for that. There's no relationship between him and Burnley now.

It makes as much sense for us to slip some cash to New Moston Primary School because we're signing an alumnus.

Status
Not open for further replies.