Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: Tarkowski (free), Palhinha (£21m plus Virgínia), Gallagher (loan), Cornet (£17.5m if we can’t get Johnson).

Released: Kenny, Delph, Sigurðsson, Tosun, Lonergan

Out: Allan (Lazio £6m), Kean (Juventus £24m), Gomes (Fulham £5m), Virgínia (part of the Palhinha deal), Rondón (RCD Mallorca £1m), Broadhead (Sunderland £900K)

New contracts given to Pickford, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin and Mina.

We don’t need more strikers both Richy and DCL can play up front.

If we play 5 at the back we may possibly keep 5 senior CB for rotation and injuries. Loan out Branthwaite.

We won’t break ffp and build around our best players.
Would need Simms to breakthrough as the third striker.

And would need another CM.

But I like where your head is at, particularly with the outs.

Clearly i didnt write this.

What I wrote was rather different, "He has looked class in Portugal for 2 seasons".

I wouldnt go for him because for the transfer fee he would cost and the wages he would command along with the risk of moving leagues....its not worth it at this time.

If you think Cornet is "good value" at £17.5million then Im intrigued to learn how much you would value a winger who can cross a ball or assist.

He's a headless chicken whose managed to slot 9 goals but failed in everything else. Huge risk.

KLP and Johnson have far higher ceilings and look superior players already than Cornet....hes worse than Gray and equally as selfish.
Cornet is the contingency plan if we can’t get Johnson.

Two players doesn't sound like a rebuild? I think we will have to sell someone we don't want to because they will want out and we need six players and room for that I think Richy but it could be Dom or Pickford depends on the offers. I see Richy having more of a market. I'd rather keep DCL for two reasons we won't get what we would have due to this injury hit season( I would rather we try and build his value again before selling)plus we would have to replace what he brings on a limited budget not easy.

GK: Pickford / Begovic
LB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou
CB: ??? / ??? / Branthwaite
CB: Godfrey / Holgate
RB: Patterson / Coleman
DM: ??? / Davies
CM: ???/ Doucoure / Iwobi
AM: Dele / ???
LF: Richarlison / Gordon
CF: DCL / Simms
RF: ??? / Dobbin

Im assuming those are the positions where you would want 6 new signings?

Clearly i didnt write this.

What I wrote was rather different, "He has looked class in Portugal for 2 seasons".

I wouldnt go for him because for the transfer fee he would cost and the wages he would command along with the risk of moving leagues....its not worth it at this time.

If you think Cornet is "good value" at £17.5million then Im intrigued to learn how much you would value a winger who can cross a ball or assist.

He's a headless chicken whose managed to slot 9 goals but failed in everything else. Huge risk.

KLP and Johnson have far higher ceilings and look superior players already than Cornet....hes worse than Gray and equally as selfish.
Gray is bang average and had multiple chances to succeed in the prem. personally having 2 wingers who cross a good ball but don’t score goals like the ones we have bar richarlison. Is 1980’s football and will never work in the prem anymore. You get your width from your full backs. If you play 433 or 4231 or even 343 the only way to compete is to have 3 attackers who score goals, Goals win games.

If we sign KLP and Johnson I will be happy, but trying to find a wide player who gets double figure goals is very hard and would normally cost a fortune.

Would need Simms to breakthrough as the third striker.

And would need another CM.

But I like where your head is at, particularly with the outs.
Either Johnson or Cornet can play as the third striker. Depends on which one we get.

Palhinha, Gallagher, Doucouré, Iwobi, Davies and Dele as option as CM/AM depends on the formation i.e. 4-3-3 or 5-4-1.

GK: Pickford / Begovic
LB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou
CB: ??? / ??? / Braithwaite
CB: Godfrey / Holgate
RB: Patterson / Coleman
DM: ??? / Davies
CM: ???/ Doucoure / Iwobi
AM: Dele / ???
LF: Richarlison / Gordon
CF: DCL / Simms
RF: ??? / Dobbin

Im assuming those are the positions where you would want 6 new signings?
Zat I think apart from the released players, if we can sell 5-6 players we are doing great there is no way we can sell sth like 12 players in one window.

Braithwaite needs a full season, as a starter in the Championship. Simms and Dobbin go on loan too to gain experience.

Gray is bang average and had multiple chances to succeed in the prem. personally having 2 wingers who cross a good ball but don’t score goals like the ones we have bar richarlison. Is 1980’s football and will never work in the prem anymore. You get your width from your full backs. If you play 433 or 4231 or even 343 the only way to compete is to have 3 attackers who score goals, Goals win games.

If we sign KLP and Johnson I will be happy, but trying to find a wide player who gets double figure goals is very hard and would normally cost a fortune.

Gray: 5 goals 4 assists
Cornet: 9 goals 1 assist

The player youve (correctly) called "bang average" had 2 less goal involvements than one you'd spend £17.5mil on.

6 goals were in the space of only 10 games.

Cornet also scored 3 of goals while playing at Centre Forward. He actually started more games at centre forward than on the left.

Flash in the pan.

Zat I think apart from the released players, if we can sell 5-6 players we are doing great there is no way we can sell sth like 12 players in one window.

Braithwaite needs a full season, as a starter in the Championship. Simms and Dobbin go on loan too to gain experience.
Thelwell made a lot of transfers at his last club.

I prefer Johnson to Cornet by the way cos he is a prospect and much younger.
One is good, the other is bad.

We could do it even without the amortization calculations.

Kean £25mil
Allan £10mil
Gbamin £5mil
Keane £10mil
Mina £10mil
Gomes Free
Gray £10mil

Hey presto...relatively conservatively as well.

CB: Tarkowski Free
DM:
CM: Gallagher £40mil
FW: Johnson £25mil

£5mil to spare for a loan fee or downpayment.

If they dont go up.
Let me fix this for you

I agree with Mark Douglas.

No need to sell Richarlison, DCL or Pickford. But they need to extend their contracts even if we add (high) release clauses.

Move out Kean, Allan, Keane, Gray, Gomes, Gbamin to generate funds.

Spend the money on u23 aged players and use the loan/free agent market.

The new contracts for our big players like Pickford richy and DCL should have release clauses and 100% a relegation release clause if we want to keep them.

Cornet as the left side utility player (LB, LM, ST) while Johnson can play on the right and striker. Money is tight, I think we want Johnson as the priority. If Forest get promotion he will stay and we go for Cornet, maybe.
I'm not totally convinced about this tbh. Forest are not blessed with loads of money and a number of their current players are loans. If they wanted to keep the likes of Spence and Garner then they will need money. They would get money from being promoted obviously but there is going to be players wanting PL wages all of a sudden and they need to strengthen up top anyway and probably in a few other places. I know it was suggested in one of the reports that he could still move on regardless and I can see it tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.