Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need a proper, proper hard nosed defender of the Italian/South American/John Terry mould, who just wants to defend at all costs. Tarkowski is better than what we have at the present, so I'd take him and considering it's a free, or possibly a signing on fee, then it fits in with our finances at the moment.
Godfrey needs to beef up on his upper body strength as he gets pushed off the ball to easily. Holgate is a good enough squad back up player. Mina does have that defend at all costs but is too injury prone. Keane would need to continually work on his defending but may be past his usefulness. I think he should be sold if we get Tarkowski and another central defender.
most people make that mistake about John Terry because of his Bolivian accent, he`s actually from east London.

….the possession stats are bound to be skewed by the approach Benitez took. He set teams up and sent players out to consolidate, regardless of the opposition. We surrendered possession, invariably conceded first & then started to play.
Not about possession. We did ok with low possession under Ancellotti and Lampard. The problem is low possession and abysmal ball winning abilities that kills us, and will continue to hurt us if we don’t do something about it.

Allan and Doucoure were top midfield pairing in ball recovery and tackles stats during the early stages of the season under Rafael and we were doing well.

It fell apart when some unfit lazy idiot walks into the team, stroll around the pitch without closing down and completely destroy the hardworking balance of the team.

Closing down and regaining possession is a team effort, higher possession is a product of this hard work.

He improves the defence straight away

A poor defence that can’t do the basics

1B281E62-011F-405F-AB63-5996C430AB15.jpeg

He’s not the fastest is he? Surely if we’re playing a bit more in the front foot we’d need pacier CHs to cover us?

I think we need a proper, proper hard nosed defender of the Italian/South American/John Terry mould, who just wants to defend at all costs. Tarkowski is better than what we have at the present, so I'd take him and considering it's a free, or possibly a signing on fee, then it fits in with our finances at the moment.
Godfrey needs to beef up on his upper body strength as he gets pushed off the ball to easily. Holgate is a good enough squad back up player. Mina does have that defend at all costs but is too injury prone. Keane would need to continually work on his defending but may be past his usefulness. I think he should be sold if we get Tarkowski and another central defender.

Godfrey Is huge upper body for a footballer

On reflection, he would be a good purchase. He's a tough guy.

He would form a partnership with Keane if that doesn't seem unacceptable. They know each other very well.

He improves the defence straight away

A poor defence that can’t do the basics

View attachment 167736

For all the plaudits pickford got, and rightly so for the saves, him sticking to the line like glue doesnt help those. The huge burnley away game. 1st goal from the corner was a keepers claim all day long. Imo its a long term issue that needs addressing with the coaching. You cant have your keeper never claiming from corners.

He’s not the fastest is he? Surely if we’re playing a bit more in the front foot we’d need pacier CHs to cover us?
Godfrey? Also talk of Colwill on loan. I can see that Tarkowski, Godfrey, Colwill, Holgate as our options next season. Keane it depends on the market for him but I think Mina will be sold.

Same mistakes as before if we sign him on big wages need to stay away from 30 yr olds on big wages. Need to be buying players in early 20s then sell them for profit to improve ffp. Probably won't come anyway as better clubs in for him.

For all the plaudits pickford got, and rightly so for the saves, him sticking to the line like glue doesnt help those. The huge burnley away game. 1st goal from the corner was a keepers claim all day long. Imo its a long term issue that needs addressing with the coaching. You cant have your keeper never claiming from corners.
Good keeper for saves but too short and useless at commanding his area

Status
Not open for further replies.