Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSG linked to richy again

Given that they practically sold their soul to keep mbappe I don’t see how they can afford to sign him for big bucks. Will prob string us along with a moise kean esque loan offer with an option to buy

Hope we tell them to sniff it
Messi is probably leaving, I can see Icardi leaving, Di Maria was linked with Juve? Mbappe was also free.

You dont concern yourself with the richest club in the world spud.

It should all balance out at around £70mil imo.

@bluestevon wrote "Only way letting these go and being able to replace is if we also cash in on say DCL or Richy to allow incomings."

Why sell them? No need unless they ask to go or its a mega fee.

Weve got the amortization for previous transfsrs off the budget (Sigurdsson, Tosun, Delph) and their wages (Kenny/Lonergan as well). Players out will generate the fees + wage savings as well.

If the goal is solely to break even on incoming/outgoing fees/wages this should be quite easy providing we sell those players I listed.

Here's the thing though mate, we often say if we sell for 70m then we can spend loads as the cost of incomings is spread over the contract not all up front.

But then when a new summer cones around, we forget about that in terms of what we've spent over the last few years, fir example Mykolenko and Patterson, we will this summer be paying money for both of those still, from the summer before last we will still be paying from players brought in then too.

Here's the thing though mate, we often say if we sell for 70m then we can spend loads as the cost of incomings is spread over the contract not all up front.

But then when a new summer cones around, we forget about that in terms of what we've spent over the last few years, fir example Mykolenko and Patterson, we will this summer be paying money for both of those still, from the summer before last we will still be paying from players brought in then too.
But then you are forgetting that the same works the other way. We will be having Digne money coming in, paying the myko/Patterson fees etc.

That's 1 out, covering 2 ins. As well as the money we got for James which will have put us up as we didn't spend a fee on him. Loan fee for Kean etc. We will still be paying off transfers but one sale, covers us and puts us in a much better position.

Last edited:
The links to both Johnson and Tarkowski show that we st least seem to have identified two major issues in the squad.

Lack of leadership and lack of goals from wide/midfield.

Gives optimism that we might actually have a worked out recruitment plan this season for a change

The links to both Johnson and Tarkowski show that we st least seem to have identified two major issues in the squad.

Lack of leadership and lack of goals from wide/midfield.

Gives optimism that we might actually have a worked out recruitment plan this season for a change
I hope Johnson will hand in a transfer request if Forest goes up. We need to sign the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.