Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Swift joined us last night so knock him off your list, replace him with Jed Wallace, another decent player
Swift's a good example of why the 'there's loads of dead good players in the Championship' line doesn't always stand up to scrutiny. He's been bandied about for ages but he's about to turn 27 and was available on a free and he's ended up moving to a midtable Championship side. There's obviously something about him that top flight teams aren't sure about.

Swift's a good example of why the 'there's loads of dead good players in the Championship' line doesn't always stand up to scrutiny. He's been bandied about for ages but he's about to turn 27 and was available on a free and he's ended up moving to a midtable Championship side. There's obviously something about him that top flight teams aren't sure about.
Hence why he gone to The Baggies, had a good season last year so hopefully keeps it up, we hoping to get Jed Wallace too

Wonder if this does imply some genuine interest in Gray, on paper his position doesn't look like one we need to strengthen. All for targeting this sort of player but they need to be filling areas of need.

If one of Richie or Dom go we need another winger anyway.

We must have some budget this summer.

One of the front two is most likely going. Moise Kean will be. Then there’s the out of contract players, even with just Tosun and Siggurdson that’s about 200k a week off the wage bill and there’ll hopefully be more leaving.

Wonder if this does imply some genuine interest in Gray, on paper his position doesn't look like one we need to strengthen. All for targeting this sort of player but they need to be filling areas of need.
I was saying yesterday, I think we do need it. We really, really struggled to create chances last year. Anyone who improves that would be welcome.

There are lots of examples in the Premier League that there’s good players in the Championship though. Bowen, Eze, Olise, Cash, Benrahma, Watkins, Guehi, Elliott, Norgaard. I would definitely like us to start using that league more.

Villa just spent 30m on a centre half of a similar age. They might have a slightly better player, but we can't afford those sort of deals any more.

Until we make a big sale, we need to be extremely cautious. I'm coming round to the idea that we should cash in one of our few assets.
Theirs has no Prem experience so higher risk, theoretically.

I was saying yesterday, I think we do need it. We really, really struggled to create chances last year. Anyone who improves that would be welcome.
We do need more creativity for sure but I'd say we primarily need that quality and creativity in the middle of the park. If we can afford to sort the midfield AND bring in another exciting young winger, all good. But if Hull are holding out for silly money it's not where I'd be blowing the budget.

There are lots of examples in the Premier League that there’s good players in the Championship though. Bowen, Eze, Olise, Cash, Benrahma, Watkins, Guehi, Elliott, Norgaard. I would definitely like us to start using that league more.
Of course there are good players there, I'm not saying otherwise. I'm just saying that there are just as many examples of players of players who haven't made the step up. It seems to have become this default position that we should just go out and sign a load of players from the Championship and all our problems would be solved but the reality is a bit different.

Of course there are good players there, I'm not saying otherwise. I'm just saying that there are just as many examples of players of players who haven't made the step up. It seems to have become this default position that we should just go out and sign a load of players from the Championship and all our problems would be solved but the reality is a bit different.
*looks at Lookman

Status
Not open for further replies.