Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big issue we have is that we are not the exciting project that is going to break the big 6 monopoly anymore. In fact quite the opposite. We are a side who now will have limited finances and a relatively unproven manager.

It is hard to make a case in our current situation that Frank on a limited budget can outwit the likes of Graham Potter, David Moyes or even the Wolves manager. Then you have Newcastle who will be spending big so its highly unlikely we get near to them in the near future as already their squad looks stronger than ours and that's after one transfer window.

Probability suggests that we will be in and around 11th to 20th for the foreseeable future. Its also very hard to envisage we will progress beyond that even after the next 3 seasons unless we get Usmanovs investment back which will give us an advantage on the clubs around us as well as the new stadium income. Or the club is sold to someone similar who can invest how we were previously to the profit and sustainability rules being in place.

Until that happens we will be relying on a project of Frank and the Dof and as stated before, what's to say that will be any better than the likes of Brighton, West Ham, Wolves who all have similar projects in place. In fact our dof was surplus to requirements at Wolves so why would he necessarily do a better job than the guy who is there now?

Depressing but fairly accurate assessment unfortunately.
Very difficult to attract players even if we can afford them. Next season will be a struggle.

The transfer strategy needs to change, we need to focus on bring in younger talented kids like Leicester have done and build from there and sell and make profits. This season will involve balancing the books and hoping to stay up next season then push on the year after

My main hope is that we can get some talent from Chelsea or within our own ranks.

Heard good things about Lewis Warrington from the academy. Like to think there is a better path for lads who have the quality now we have Lampard and Thelwell overseeing.

I think given the financial constraints it may be a case of going for some punts on younger players and more experienced players on the cheap/free.

We can improve taking this approach, but it's a pretty big risk and it's where the likes of Thelwell will need to earn his corn.

If FFN on twitter is correct (and he normally is) the list of signings give us hope and belief for next season. Young, fit, non injury prone players, that's good enough for me.

I know Connor Coady is mentioned, people will have their own view, but I have been looking at his stats, he rarely misses games, he doesn't get injured, he doesn't get sent off. He is a defender who is a leader. I would take him and Tarkowski right now in place of Mina and Keane. Mina never plays and Keane is no kind of leader. Both these players, for very small amounts of money would straight away improve our defence.

If FFN on twitter is correct (and he normally is) the list of signings give us hope and belief for next season. Young, fit, non injury prone players, that's good enough for me.

I know Connor Coady is mentioned, people will have their own view, but I have been looking at his stats, he rarely misses games, he doesn't get injured, he doesn't get sent off. He is a defender who is a leader. I would take him and Tarkowski right now in place of Mina and Keane. Mina never plays and Keane is no kind of leader. Both these players, for very small amounts of money would straight away improve our defence.

Can't play in a back 4
Raging kopite

Status
Not open for further replies.