So called clear out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not remotely arsed about who leaves. All at some point have been poor and mailed it in. It’s all about starting the process of getting players in with ambition and pride who can take us forward. None of the current crop have done that with any consistency, if at all in many cases.

The problem is, if you had been watching Gomes or Mina for the last 2 seasons would you buy them?

Can’t see there being any takers for the players we need out.

I would say that this summer is the toughest rebuild the club has ever had.

For that reason I reckon we will not be seeing the back of the likes of Keane or Holgate.

Very tough times ahead for Lampard and his team.

We will need to do creative deal. Similar to Dele signing, appearance base with the payment defer to the next next season.

2024 season will attain complete financial freedom, with all heavy wages deadwood gone and 58k new season ticket sales. We will be able to afford better signings.

The problem is, can we survive next season and should we waste 40m to gamble on Dele. It will be silly.

40m may be enough to sign 2 young Chelsea midfielders.

I’d say I wouldn’t be shocked to see 8-9 players move on to be perfectly honest.

Gomes
Allan
Mina (someone in Italy/Spain will have him no questions asked)
DCL
Kenny
Tosun
Sigurdsson
El Ghazi (return)
Coleman (retirement perhaps)
Richarlison (I hope not)
Begovic
Lonergan

It’s only positives which will come, the questions are, will we get enough strength to replace them, or will we just replicate villa from 10 years ago signing players who aren’t good enough like Lowton, Westwood and Bacuna.

You can’t asset strip it without having replacements ready.

We will need to do creative deal. Similar to Dele signing, appearance base with the payment defer to the next next season.

2024 season will attain complete financial freedom, with all heavy wages deadwood gone and 58k new season ticket sales. We will be able to afford better signings.

The problem is, can we survive next season and should we waste 40m to gamble on Dele. It will be silly.

40m may be enough to sign 2 young Chelsea midfielders.

Wouldn’t be entirely shocked if Chelsea operated a business model similar to that of Italian and Spanish sides.

“Sell” their players to rivals with the premise they’re allowed low buy back fees.

Fairly common on the Continent. So potentially you end up buying Colwill for £10m, and Chelsea can in turn buy him back for a similar price if he reaches the talent.

The problem is, if you had been watching Gomes or Mina for the last 2 seasons would you buy them?

Can’t see there being any takers for the players we need out.

I would say that this summer is the toughest rebuild the club has ever had.

For that reason I reckon we will not be seeing the back of the likes of Keane or Holgate.

Very tough times ahead for Lampard and his team.

I think we all need to accept that this is going to take more than one summer to fix.

As the season is now closed, is the transfer window now open or are we not allowed to register new players till June 1st?

Also, when does the window "slam" shut?

Why can't it be closed gently?

As the season is now closed, is the transfer window now open or are we not allowed to register new players till June 1st?

Contracts run out on the 30th June ( Thanks FM) but you can sign a player they just can't officially join till July 1st.

the only players Frank will let go of are Gomes, Tosun, Sigurdson and Kenny. Maybe Allan. Richey needs to stay but someone might tempt us with big money. a few shrewd buys/loans and we will have a good squad

Don't Juventus owe us some bunce? I know they are acting like a Turkish club but a contract is a contract and they have to pay up.

They do, but there’s a possibility it may have already been allocated elsewhere.

Sure I remember someone saying as it was effectively “guaranteed” money, that we could have spent it last season and it was a justifiable expense.

Can’t remember exactly, and we may not have spent it.

Opens on 10 June and closes at 11pm on 1 September

The league starts a week earlier than normal on 6 August.

There is also a break from 13 November until Boxing Day for the world cup. Will be a very strange season.

There will of course be changes, but I just don't see the 'wholesale' changes that many on here seem to expect.
Those out of contract are the obvious ones to leave plus we MAY sell one of our big hitters (DCL, Richarlison or Pickford)
Hopefully we can recruit wisely (certainly not expecting any 'galactico' signings.
A solid mid table finish next season is hardly inspiring, but it's what I expect and after this heart attack of a season I'll take that.

Status
Not open for further replies.