Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said to me today IF we are safe, "Where do we go from here?"

Is next season going to be a case of hoping the three teams coming up are worse than us?
This actually comforts me. I see next season as an appalling slog if we stay up. Lampard doesn't convince me at all, and you just know a significant section of our fanbase will be delighted to extend the contracts of the likes of Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Delph, etc etc.

Everton needs a purge, but there is no appetite. People are talking up Alex Iwobi now. I mean, full credit to the lad for at least showing up these last few weeks, but he'll never be good enough because he lacks basic footballing intelligence. But he's the standard now, so, yeah, relegation may not be as bad as it seems.

I don't disagree. It is a good way of looking at it. I think we just all need to find a way to protect ourselves mentally this week. You're right that it would seem a long shot for both of our rivals to win on the last day, but in isolation both have a decent chance to win their game. Unlike us.

It's possible but not probable (IF Villa beat Burnley, that is).

The final day is a bit mad so everything is in play.

I'm hoping against hope that Palace get a lot of decisions against them and we somehow scramble a win on Thursday.

However, it's unlikely, and we wont get a point off Arsenal.

It is what it is now: 36 points for us and we wait and see.

It's possible but not probable (IF Villa beat Burnley, that is).

The final day is a bit mad so everything is in play.

I'm hoping against hope that Palace get a lot of decisions against them and we somehow scramble a win on Thursday.

However, it's unlikely, and we wont get a point off Arsenal.

It is what it is now: 36 points for us and we wait and see.
At this point, I suspect we might need to burn out the Palace bus and hope the referee bottles a big decision and sends one of theirs off. I just cannot see us winning this.

This actually comforts me. I see next season as an appalling slog if we stay up. Lampard doesn't convince me at all, and you just know a significant section of our fanbase will be delighted to extend the contracts of the likes of Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Delph, etc etc.

Everton needs a purge, but there is no appetite. People are talking up Alex Iwobi now. I mean, full credit to the lad for at least showing up these last few weeks, but he'll never be good enough because he lacks basic footballing intelligence. But he's the standard now, so, yeah, relegation may not be as bad as it seems.

relegation woudnt be a bad thing? jesus wept

After today? Cursed club destined to drop.

Chance, after chance of safety, thrown in the bin.

I despair David, Jarrod was silly, the ref was a tit, but we are very much cursed im afraid.
I disagree. After the final whistle I thought like that.

However, out of the 3 teams we are in the best shape still.

You see I think if we stayed up and got a bit of creativity we would be fine. But it's a big IF now.

We have 1 more game, before its taken out of our hands.

Not being a negative nigel, but we really arent getting anything at Arsenal away.

Its not quite must win, but its getting there, it really is.
It's 'Leeds must not win'.

...and that becomes 'Leeds and Burnley must not win' if Villa do the honours on Thursday.

Nil Desperandum...just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.