Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those saying it’s out of our hands - what are you on about..

We have to beat palace to stay in the league. It’s more than doable at all goodison and all energies should be on that.

One missed opportunity today, but we have another one…and then we have another one on the final day as another backup…including us at Arsenal / Brentford to not lose v Leeds and Burnley to not win either of the next two.

Leeds are in last chance saloon but we still have hope before we get there.

do we have any players back mate?

we need them!

we didn’t mess up, ten men messed us up
lol
Watford was a missed opportunity. I tried to keep positive after that but look what's happened. And as for 10 men. Yes, the ref could have awarded us a pen etc.. But if you're going into the last few games with a lot riding on it, luck can send you down. We have had countless chances this season to get away from the relegation zone and we've constantly hovered above (and been in it) all season.

Atmosphere at Elland Road started to get poisonous for a few minutes today. Sack the board, sell the club and **** off home. Long overdue could have been terrible until Struijk scored at end. What a finish to the season if it's a 3 way shoot out next Sunday. I hope Radrizzani gets the message and sells his stake 56% to the 49ers. If we go down, we should have enough finance to rebuild the team. If we stay up still need to start with a new set up and at least 5 new players . Got my ticket for Brentford a tough game we used to struggle at the old ground, could be an Everton / Leeds party in London next week.

Hoping newcastle do arsenal tomorrow,early spurs goal against Norwich on the last day will deflate arsenal and maybe we can actually win there.Clutching at straws but you never know.

We are back in the mire. Much as I prefer to have the points on the board and there is no doubt we are in the best position of the three teams battling it out but anything can happen. I think today showed us that.
People on here giving pronouncements about whether we will stay up or not simply do not know. None of us do. What I do know is that this season has been on the cards for some years now, the club has been allowed to go into decline with no one in charge having the attitude or the acumen to do anything about it.
I think we will be unlucky if we go down this season, it would take an unlikely set of results to relegate us, however if we don't completely overhaul the club, starting with showing Kenwright the door, we will be relegated next year.

I would not call it an unlikely set of results.

Status
Not open for further replies.