Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we stay up will be an interesting summer, hsve to think atm due to the urgency the 'younger' players aren't factoring as we literally can't afford to do so, theirs just no room to go through learning pains in games to develop them.

The likes of Patterson, Braithwaite and a few others will for sure be getting evaluated for if they're good enough to be genuine parts of the first team (starting even) during the off-season.

Until then though it's hard to know exactly what we need in terms of priority, massive factor also is who we lose that we don't want to shift but have to do so (DCL or Richy the main two that come to mind).

Now Lampard has been here a whilst, we can see what his 'minimal' base requirement is in a player, one who works his backside off and plays with full commitment and desire (much as Lampard himself did) before any other factor I think that's what any target will have to have. Yeah he wants players who can play on the deck and are comfortable on the ball but if they don't have the first thing they won't be on the list

I don’t want any players in our FOOTBALL team that struggle with the task of actually being able to kick one to one of his Freind’s wearing the same colour clothes as he does.

Godfrey is athletic but apart from that he’s pretty cack , the cb version on max Arron’s.

Signing players like him
Kone
Siggy
Williams
Bolasie
Dacoure
Townsend etc..

That have all come from relegation or teams that regularly fight relegation teams, is a massive part of why we are where we are

Not really mate, we signed Lescott from a relegated team, Jagielka came from one too, Richy signed from one who would be in the boat of struggling against it most years (going down this) Dacoure for me has been one of the best signings we've made in a few years.

Kone was that managers Rondon, a player who the manager knew and as such was brought in mainly for that reason.

Iceland and Williams both bought at frankly the wrong age, this was effectively their 'last big chance at a big money move' and afterwards that kinda showed as the hunger goes

Bolasie blew his knee out, was crap anyways, Townsend was brought in for nothing and I've no idea why he's on that list for.

Problem isn't signing players from teams near the bottom, problem is when you don't sign the right players from those teams.

Saints and hull provided the rs with two of their back four, Henderson came from Sunderland, mane came from saints too, that's four out of there best 11 over the last few seasons signed from teams you think signing players from is bad,

It's about who you sign, not where they are signed from

I don’t want any players in our FOOTBALL team that struggle with the task of actually being able to kick one to one of his Freind’s wearing the same colour clothes as he does.

Godfrey is athletic but apart from that he’s pretty cack , the cb version on max Arron’s.

Signing players like him
Kone
Siggy
Williams
Bolasie
Dacoure
Townsend etc..

That have all come from relegation or teams that regularly fight relegation teams, is a massive part of why we are where we are
None of those bar Townsend and Doucoure are to do with our current predicament. Talking nonsense frankly.

Would you only sign players from teams above us or from a supposedly superior league?

Has to be more to do with the player and his they're coached surely, than where they've been signed ?

Not really mate, we signed Lescott from a relegated team, Jagielka came from one too, Richy signed from one who would be in the boat of struggling against it most years (going down this) Dacoure for me has been one of the best signings we've made in a few years.

Kone was that managers Rondon, a player who the manager knew and as such was brought in mainly for that reason.

Iceland and Williams both bought at frankly the wrong age, this was effectively their 'last big chance at a big money move' and afterwards that kinda showed as the hunger goes

Bolasie blew his knee out, was crap anyways, Townsend was brought in for nothing and I've no idea why he's on that list for.

Problem isn't signing players from teams near the bottom, problem is when you don't sign the right players from those teams.

Saints and hull provided the rs with two of their back four, Henderson came from Sunderland, mane came from saints too, that's four out of there best 11 over the last few seasons signed from teams you think signing players from is bad,

It's about who you sign, not where they are signed from

That was years ago mate, they all played for years and have since retired.

Richy came from Watford and tbh mate, his lack of quality is a massive reason we are where we are. Watch our team mate, we literally cannot string 3 decent passes together.

As soon as we get to the final third Richy will shoot wide, dibble into a player, over hot a 3 years pass or throw himself to the floor.

Gray is the same, shooting when he should pass and vice Versa

Gordon is young so gets a pass as

DCL literally jogs around rolling up his left leg on his shorts to show his quad , then jumps so early that he’s about 5m away from the ball and on the way down when it arrives near him.

Honestly if you put Naismith , kilbane and osman into this team we wouldn’t be anywhere near the bottom and they were not exactly start players back in their day.

I hope we stay up obviously , and if we do, I hope that

Richy came from Watford and tbh mate, his lack of quality is a massive reason we are where we are. Watch our team mate, we literally cannot string 3 decent passes together.

As soon as we get to the final third Richy will shoot wide, dibble into a player, over hot a 3 years pass or throw himself to the floor.

DCL literally jogs around rolling up his left leg on his shorts to show his quad , then jumps so early that he’s about 5m away from the ball and on the way down when it arrives near him.

Honestly if you put Naismith , kilbane and osman into this team we wouldn’t be anywhere near the bottom and they were not exactly start players back in their day.

Jagielka just signed for stoke.

Do you even support us ? If you do, clearly no love for some of our players. Richarlison and Gray literally ran themselves ragged last game.

And the players you say have retired are the players are ones you mentioned initially as getting us into this predicament. You sure you're not Mr.Dizzy ?

Do you even support us ? If you do, clearly no love for some of our players. Richarlison and Gray literally ran themselves ragged last game.

And the players you say have retired are the players are ones you mentioned initially as getting us into this predicament. You sure you're not Mr.Dizzy ?
Running around the pitch a lot doesn't make you a good player though.

Agree wholeheartedly but to single Richarlison and Gray out for criticism is a bit odd in my view.
Not really, Rcharlison has neither improved nor gotten worse in the time he has been here, he simply has just floated along, his goals have actually dropped a bit but his overall game has improved a bit. As for Gray, he has plenty of ability but can't put it down on a consistent basis, he had a few good games at the start of the season and since then has done nothing. Well thats the story of his career basically. He is never ever a top level player, championship maybe but not PL.

Fulham written all over him ! Or back to Forest if they get promoted maybe. Or West Ham. Who knows
West Ham have been linked, odd as he is not really a Moyes type of striker. Fulham are after Viktor Gyokeres from Coventry the young Swedish lad who has scored a load of goals, looks a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.