Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really shouldn't be the case that Burnley beat Villa twice in the space of three games. And they have Spurs. We know Leeds' fixtures. We still have to fight our way out of this but at least we have given ourselves hope now.
I'd really believe if we could beat Leicester.

Why? Is our run in any worse than Burnley’s now? We’ve just got most of our horrible fixtures in the run in out of the way. Only Arsenal away is a write off now, the rest is teams with nothing to play for. Burnley have Spurs away.
Absolutely need 6 points from home games. Bare minimum is 2 from Leicester and Watford. Gives us 40. That has to be the aim. Leeds fixtures and GD will give their fans some sleepless nights. I think Burnley are probably safest of the two.

I'm as pessimistic as the next man, but I think we can get points in all six of our remaining games, and I'd be reasonably confident we will do so in four.

I think a win tomorrow is not out of the question. Even a draw is a point closer to Leeds. I can see us getting something at Leicester - especially as they go to Rome a few days later. Then we have to play Watford, a side who have lost their last 11 at home. If we cannot win there, why would we even bother lamenting relegation? We will have richly merited it. But a win there is possible. With five points from these games, we have then two home games with Brentford and Palace. Another four points there would take us to 9, and then we are off to Arsenal. I don't think 9 points from the next 5 is far-fetched. Difficult, yes. Impossible? No.
Ageing well so far. I have no doubt that we CAN do this. Whether we DO it is another question, but I don't see why not.

Let battle commence. We have now truly joined the battle.

Absolutely need 6 points from home games. Bare minimum is 2 from Leicester and Watford. Gives us 40. That has to be the aim. Leeds fixtures and GD will give their fans some sleepless nights. I think Burnley are probably safest of the two.
Burnely are playing villa that needs points on the board to be completely safe...wouldn't be a good look either on Gerrard for burnely to finish above them...

I’ve been telling all you naysayers that we’ll stay up (and go on to win the PL next year) because I’m the biggest and best blue going and I appreciate when we have good times.

Having said that, if we go down, I’m distancing myself from Everton and football in general.

Far from it. I still have us down as relegation favourites out of us, Burnley and Leeds.
Honestly I think Burnley will get enough to stay up and their GD will help. I think it's either us or Leeds that go down and i think it could require us to get 40 points to stay up on GD too but I'm hoping 38 will be enough

I tend to look at the players as they have history of this. Wolves and leicester at home. I found them flat and wondered if they had the oh we'll be alright Burnley wont go on a run.

We've threw some serious points away through lack of intesity imo.
Agreed.

I would have to say there had been more effort these last couple months than there has been.

Effort that would make Niasse even smile a little bit more than usual.

Club legend Niasse is. Club legend!

Status
Not open for further replies.