Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know where you see the spirit. Parking the bus and not playing footbal? LOL. Benitez would have been murdered for it. 12 games. Lost 8 times. Thats on par with Watford and Norwich!
So we go out and attack them, and get smashed 5-0? Give your head a wobble mate, or better still go back to rawk!lol

Tbh although I’d hate relegation for us, it would be nice to play football in a world where there’s no sky six, no spitty the dog commentating on our every game, no corrupt referees, no sky sports laughing at us every single week, no arrogant German tit patronising us most weeks, and no blatant match fixing to engineer to tile races and rlegation scraps.

Tbh although I’d hate relegation for us, it would be nice to play football in a world where there’s no sky six, no spitty the dog commentating on our every game, no corrupt referees, no sky sports laughing at us every single week, no arrogant German tit patronising us most weeks, and no blatant match fixing to engineer to tile races and rlegation scraps.

sorry mate sorry but “nice to play in the league below” bet you all the rest don’t think that

ludicrous

That said we deserve all the laughing and patronising, dont we? We are in this position for a number of reasons, all of them manufactrerd by the powers that be. Starting a pm season with less than 2 million in new players like it was 1987. How was that not gonna make us struggle for survival? You could see this predicament coming from miles away. Lets focus on the scrap and fight for survival.

Meant to put Sheffield Wednesday! I’m not with it tonight!

My point is that these clubs that spend years in the Championship get no coverage. Sheffield Wednesday were once a huge club with huge attendances. I remember them beating Man Utd and the RS… and I’m talking the Prem years. Now no one has heard of them.

If we go down we will lose the future football supporters of this city to the RS.
You make a great point. I must admit that I’m not as across football in general as I used to be. I tend only to focus on Everton FC. But I can’t remember the last time I heard anything about former Prem teams like QPR or Sheffield Wednesday.

I'm not saying people will walk away. In fact I'm saying as much as people might want to walk away, you cant.

What I'm saying is things will be different. We are going to struggle to attract the next generation and our standing in the game will be the worst its ever been. People are not going to change club or stop supporting Everton but some will become less invested. I think that's inevitable.

Not being in the top flight is absolutely disastrous for the club. The effects will be wide and we wont know exactly what they will be till it happens because this is not a club used to relegation
Agree with you completely.

Relegation would diminish our club, possibly destroy it. In the long-term it would turn us into a Luton or a Sheffield Wednesday at best.

I cant see us scoring enough to get out of this.

When you think about it we've had no forward all season. Dcl out all season. Rondon came in unfit. Richarlison is not an out and out lead the line forward. Couple that with a leaky defence and a midfield that dont chip in with enough goals.

Its all pretty predictable.
So much work needs doing.

If we do go down (I hope we dont btw) we need to sell all the high earners and start again with the hungry young guys (Gordon, Dobbin, Simms etc)
Gordon would be sold to the highest bidder. Anyone that we could sell would be sold.

The financial implications of relegation will be devastating beyond our imagination. We are not a Leeds; we are worse than a Leeds. We are making truly gargantuan losses every year and we have a truly gargantuan wage bill.

We would be left with the dead wood. The players no one wants. All on big money.

Agree with you completely.

Relegation would diminish our club, possibly destroy it. In the long-term it would turn us into a Luton or a Sheffield Wednesday at best.

Well it's pretty hard to say what will happen in the long term. I don't think anyone can predict what will happen in 10 or 20 years time.

I just think there is going to be a lot of pain and struggles in the next 3 to 5 years. There is extremely little chance of us bouncing back quickly, and I don't know how we even try to get the club back into a stable financial position.

Status
Not open for further replies.