2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got no footballing intelligence and lacks basic footballing technique. "He's an athlete".

Apparently he didn't bother with the vaccination.

Some of our players are sadly cretinous. Is it any surprise they take that gormless insouciance on to the pitch?
I didn't know that. Is he another in Delph school of thought who thinks their own immune system will be sufficient?
I'm not sure the bereaved of the six plus million plus lost souls worldwide would be in agreement.

How about we don’t slate a player for a rumoured vaccination status eh?
I began my post expressing that I did not know he had not been vaccinated. By that it meant it was news to me and that I was being informed.
If you are informing me that this is not the case, which is the correct version. Who is giving me incorrect information.
Either way, this will make me think twice regarding what is a fact and what is conjecture.

Irrespective, I was not aware when I replied of my erroneous statement and did not intend to 'slate a player'.

I didn't know that. Is he another in Delph school of thought who thinks their own immune system will be sufficient?
I'm not sure the bereaved of the six plus million plus lost souls worldwide would be in agreement.
We don't know for sure - hence my use of the word "apparently" - but the sense at the time was he wasn't vaccinated. As for Delph, well, his own words speak definitively for him.

My takeaway from this is simple: if a guy is going to be a brainless idiot off the pitch, there's every likelihood he'll be similar on it. There are exceptions, of course, but they tend to prove the rule.

I am quite sad about Godfrey. Still think there is a player there though.

Confidence is rock bottom right through the squad, which is the main reason we are going down.

Thought he was great at times last season, mostly when left back.

I am quite sad about Godfrey. Still think there is a player there though.

Confidence is rock bottom right through the squad, which is the main reason we are going down.

Thought he was great at times last season, mostly when left back.
A few times right back as well, but he's quite limited going forward.

I think there’s absolutely a player there, he needs a stable partner in the middle and a generally settled defence and I think we see an improvement.

He reminds me of a young Rio Ferdinand at times, he has the pace to step out of defence, surge forward and cause problems alas, the rest of the team seem utterly static when he does so rarely does anything come of it.

Far more deserving targets for dissatisfaction this season than Ben for me.

He is a bit like a younger version of Doucoure, a great athlete, fantastic engine, an amount of bravery, but, he has a very poor first touch and doesn't read the game very well. He relies on his speed and strength to bail him out after his errors. At his age it is unlikely that his touch or his vision will improve too much, but, with our lack of pace and mobility in midfield and defence, they are probably both important to us.

He is a bit like a younger version of Doucoure, a great athlete, fantastic engine, an amount of bravery, but, he has a very poor first touch and doesn't read the game very well. He relies on his speed and strength to bail him out after his errors. At his age it is unlikely that his touch or his vision will improve too much, but, with our lack of pace and mobility in midfield and defence, they are probably both important to us.
I’d still take 4 of him back there than the usual suspects

He's a great example of why the 'just buy young hungry players from the championship' strategy that so many people champion is not the brilliant solution that people seem to think it is. It's all very well being young and hungry, but if you're not very good at football it's only going to get you so far.
Well to be fair we didn't buy him from the championship, like Doucoure we bought him off a relegated side that was completely deficient at the things he was supposedly good at.

There really is plenty of talent in the championship but you've got to actually scout it. Our player evaluation is just so, so bad that it really isn't surprising we can't make that strategy work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.