2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always seems to take up relatively better positioning when played at LB, but as a CB his reading of the game is woeful. I do think the ability's there, but a footballing brain always gets a player much further, irrespective of their ability.

Godfrey was a [League 2 - edited] player a few years ago. Given his last few performances, you can see why he was playing at that level. He's certainly got the athleticism of a Premier League player but I think that often masks his lack of know-how, poor awareness and the fact that he can't read the game. He also struggles with some of the basics like passing, heading and clearing his lines - as we saw last night. This could be his second relegation in 3 seasons.

Last edited:
Godfrey was a non-league player a few years ago. Given his last few performances, you can see why he was playing at that level. He's certainly got the athleticism of a Premier League player but I think that often masks his lack of know-how, poor awareness and the fact that he can't read the game. He also struggles with some of the basics like passing, heading and clearing his lines - as we saw last night. This could be his second relegation in 3 seasons.

He’s never played non-league football.

Status
Not open for further replies.