Did we chase Martinez out too soon?

Are the fans to blame for Everton right now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another Captain Hindsight.

To be fair i know it may seem that way but I always said it, I worked as an analysts on Portuguese football for a few years and Silva was with Estoril at the time, it would be hard to believe what a small club they are and he had them competing and playing extremely well against the big boys in the league, so from that I always thought he was decent, I think he was massively unlucky with us, maybe it would never have worked out but I will always maintain he needed more time.

A resounding YES.

Not so much the firing itself….but the fact he was replaced with Moon Head so Moshiri would have “all the great managers working in the North West” and which gave us a first glimpse of the Laa Laa land he inhabited.

The Koeman/Walsh fiasco was the first step on the slippery slope to the trap door we now just hover above.

He should have given Bob a season anyway.

No far too late.

He only got the 3rd season because of his 1st.

If we'd booted him after the dreadful 2nd season we wouldn't have got Koeman.

And yet in that “dreadful 2nd season” we waltzed though the Europa group stage and instead of playing relegation six pointers in the Spring we were playing in the knockout stages of Europe.

And in his final season we reached two semi finals…..Sterling’s ”cross” from a ball already over the byeline stitching us up in the first one and a missed Lukaku penalty making all the difference in the second one.

If only one of Bobby’s successors had given us even those moments of excitement during their tenure ?

I seen an interesting point saying Evertonians turned into Geordies when Moshiri took over and sacrificed a good man in Martinez, without replacing him since. The same person also said that on that day the angry entitled and toxic fans started being the tail that wagged the big royal blue dog and that where we are now is a reflection of that and we need to chop the tail off to save the dog.

I have no particular feelings on this matter, apart from not being able to recognise when the dog is happy, but thought I’d start a thread and share.
We should be allowed no further input into the appointment of future managers. The sooner we accept this as a collective then we can begin to heal.

Great first season,I enjoyed the football we played as much as anything else since the mid 1980's,strange as it may seem to say but I often think two games alone started the malaise, the first two games of the next season, away to Leicester,leading twice, conceding a very poor equaliser near the end, the following week at home to Arsenal,2-0 up, playing great stuff, ten minutes to go, we commit hard kari and end up hanging on for a point, two points that should have gleaned six, it could have sent us off to a flyer on the back of that first season,instead the defensive frailties kicked in an things took a downward slide.

I’ll set my stall out early doors, I didn’t want Martinez when we hired him and I didn’t want him sacked when he was however, if I remember rightly, he’d lost the dressing room and had to go.

Martinez had us attacking well, defending fairly terrible but every game was at the least entertaining and back then our only problem was sorting the defence which, with the right recruitment could have been sorted (or at least improved).

I think his sacking set a bad tone for the future in that the team downed tools and the manager was sacked - I sadly have very few fond memories of Everton games in the period since he left and now, obviously a bright patch with Carlo but otherwise not much.

I personally would have had him back over Lampard though I dread to think how he’d handle this defence considering he struggled with a substantially better set of defenders first time around.

Did we chase out the manager who made torrid anal hammerings at Anfield the norm too soon?

Well, if you enjoy torrid anal hammerings, the answer to that quite simply must be, yes. Yes, Kent, we did.

The sacking of Martinez kick started the hiring and firing of countless managers.
We had I believe 18mths of great football, which I believe set a very high bar for him and future managers to follow

We now find ourselves in a position we’re we have basically not given managers the time they need. This results in a squad with players bought by multiple managers so are different in style.

The Club has created this mess we find ourselves in….

Go back and watch allardyces first few interviews when he was announced manager. He understood the club and what the fans wanted. Basically he didn’t do his hair nice and wasnt hipster enough for the fans to get behind. I actually didn’t mind him and think with more time, he would of done fine. Maybe if sammy lee wasnt there, he would of got more time.
In my view, Sammy Lee was the passionate one and of the two, he deserved more time than allardyce.

All those choosing options 1 and 3 are why this website is beautiful.
tenor.png

Status
Not open for further replies.