Did we chase Martinez out too soon?

Are the fans to blame for Everton right now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
I seen an interesting point saying Evertonians turned into Geordies when Moshiri took over and sacrificed a good man in Martinez, without replacing him since. The same person also said that on that day the angry entitled and toxic fans started being the tail that wagged the big royal blue dog and that where we are now is a reflection of that and we need to chop the tail off to save the dog.

I have no particular feelings on this matter, apart from not being able to recognise when the dog is happy, but thought I’d start a thread and share.

Moyes was an anomaly. The club have been in free fall since 1990. We kidded ourselves all was OK when he was here, then the majority of the fanbase ridiculed those who wanted him back.

Enjoy the rest of the season as there won't be Premier League opposition for a couple of decades at least now come August.

From memory it felt like the players had lost faith in what he was preaching. That said i’d have been fascinated to see what team he would have constructed if left with moshiri’s dosh - a definite believer in youth.

God the heady days of finishing 11th - i miss them

Martinez had a great squad of players to choose from and had some lovely ideas on how to play, but couldn't continue at the time.

The football was so awful. Players terrified of making mistakes so we never really did anything going forward. Meanwhile he'd just stand on the touchline gesturing with his hands in some strange code that didn't mean anything.

Martinez had a great squad of players to choose from and had some lovely ideas on how to play, but couldn't continue at the time.

The football was so awful. Players terrified of making mistakes so we never really did anything going forward. Meanwhile he'd just stand on the touchline gesturing with his hands in some strange code that didn't mean anything.
It was called the steering wheel and it was a Jason de pillow concert. And it gestured that he was a douche.

It was Sam Ally dice we did dirty.

Problem is our fanbase are obsessed with having a likeable manager.

They couldn't wait to get the knives out for Koeman/Alladyce/Benitez because they weren't particularly likeable/relatable hence why Big Dunc constantly has a cult following wanting him as manager despite zero experience.

A lot of Blues with daddy issues.

No we didn't but I would have taken him back all the same when linked in January. Not saying he has transformed into some managerial powerhouse but I think the time with Belgium has been great for him and will stand him in good stead. He wouldn't have been the worst re-appointnent.

They couldn't wait to get the knives out for Koeman/Alladyce/Benitez because they weren't particularly likeable/relatable hence why Big Dunc constantly has a cult following wanting him as manager despite zero experience.

That last line is sublime and an idea that needs to be explored deeper on the damn fine website.

Its a scouse thing aswell I think. Very superficial. I travelled over with red streaks in my hair at 14 in my NU metal faze and nearly got battered at goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.