2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once they did not go for Cooper when I said so, the only hope is Big Sam
At least make a fight of it
People who ridiculed me some weeks ago that we should ditch Lampard are now reconsidering
Maybe its easier for me to see things from abroad
Lampard was never going to be the solution, hes the catalyst for failure
He does not know how to help a defence which really needs help

Benitez - 22 games , we had a goal difference of -8

we now have a goal difference of -20 7 games later

christ on a bike
Way too open.

Don't forget btw that the likes of Sharp and Cahill were advising Moshiri on the football side of his decision to hire Lampard.

I cant even think like that now.

We're done as far as I'm concerned.

Losing like that from a winning position last night tells me all I need to know.

Together.gif

If Lampard gets sacked then that's the final nail of the coffin as far as I'm concerned. Mass protests are needed against the owner and his people (they where needed from the start of next season anyway). They have already killed the club and now they're trampling all over its grave. There's no point in pretending that we can stay up under a new manager with just nine games to play. Nobody is that good. If this happens then it's over and we need to use the remaining games to force the vermin from our club.

One positive - when he goes after a loss to United (my educated prediction), whoever comes in probably gets about a week post-United to put their plans in place. If someone does come in, say Nuno, and gets the three home wins we need to keep us up - you'd have to think that the reality check of the Burnley game means said manager will be rightly recognised as a miracle worker, and will get a lot more backing from the fans...

Everton sacked Benitez on 16th January;

You keep harping on about Benitez, move on.

It's not about apportioning blame - it's about whatever could help Everton avoid relegation.
So that equates to sacking another manager; this club was down the moment he wasn’t removed after the derby. That’s the cold hard truth; the team was devoid of anything, it was plain to see.

The mess that happened before should not be laid at franks door, end of discussion.

There's two options if we get beat again on Saturday or even draw:

1/ stick with Lampard and be relegated

2/ sack Lampard and in all probablity be relegated

I grant you it isn't much of a distinction, but the difference is there.
I actually can see the logic in this in a weird kind of way. I mean it's crazy and an admission from the Board that they don't know what they're doing. But if they're convinced the team is only going one way under Fronk then they might just think to hell with it and roll the dice. You'd think given what was going on when Fronk was hired that there won't be much compo being paid out for sacking (although with this Board I wouldn't bet on that).

If Lampard gets sacked then that's the final nail of the coffin as far as I'm concerned. Mass protests are needed against the owner and his people (they where needed from the start of next season anyway). They have already killed the club and now they're trampling all over its grave. There's no point in pretending that we can stay up under a new manager with just nine games to play. Nobody is that good. If this happens then it's over and we need to use the remaining games to force the vermin from our club.
And then what?

So, we get yet another manager??

What happens if, hardly a surprise, we go down anyway?

Is it then, yet another manager for The Championship?

Or, do we just give it Duncan then?

I can see the appeal in changing, but the underlying problems don't go away.

I just think now that this is the season where the sum of countless decision-making errors and lack of strategy has caught up with us.

I get that desperate times call for desperate measures, but I don't see any silver-bullet manager who is available and can come and fix this now, unless I've missed some name going round. And it isn't Allardyce.

There's two options if we get beat again on Saturday or even draw:

1/ stick with Lampard and be relegated

2/ sack Lampard and in all probablity be relegated

I grant you it isn't much of a distinction, but the difference is there.
Are you saying there's more chance we stay up without him even though it's slim? I do think Moshiri’s thinking this and will sack him purely as we probably only need 3 wins and a draw or 2 to stay up

Status
Not open for further replies.