2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we should be hearing today (as I dont think the press have ran with the story last night) that senior players were criticising Lampard before yesterday's match to the press.

According to Esk

So if thats true....these stories should have come out in this mornings papers yes?

Godfrey was awful last night too. To be fair, I thought the left side of the 4 were not as bad, but Kenny and Gordon on the right was shambolic. Holgate from midfield was a mess, the lad cant pass.

When the alternative is to do what Rafael did, and put everyone behind the ball, then the problem is clear as day! We don't have a defender at the club who's capable of commanding and organising a defence.

Mina is the closest we have to a defensive leader, and he's always injured.

I have a lot of time for Frank, he speaks well and his style of play is attractive and direct. We just don't have the players to be able to play his football. Maybe he thought he would get a tune out of them, and maybe he has improved them somehow, but when your shipping 3 god awful goals against a Burnley team that's not scored in over 400 minutes of football, its time for plan B.

Whatever they do in training this week before the Utd game, they need to show a reaction after that. Its all the more frustrating because they can do it. Against City, they looked fairly solid for 80 minutes, then they get panned for 5 by spurs. No consistency, not good enough.

A theme for our goals all season are:
Set pieces
Attacking our right hand side.
Individual errors.

So we should be hearing today (as I dont think the press have ran with the story last night) that senior players were criticising Lampard before yesterday's match to the press.

According to Esk

So if thats true....these stories should have come out in this mornings papers yes?

Sack the senior players.

Draw your away games
Win a few home games

Lampard has been bold and tried getting us playing on the front foot but we aint good enough.

Even if we go down its a gamble keeping him on as he couldn't get Derby promoted.

Big call to make by Moshiri really.

Allardyce or Nuno if we dropped imo - would both likely get us straight back up even if both are not "exciting" name managers who play easy on the eye stuff.

This is the point now where we need to rip up the playbook and just go with something different.

Bring rondon and tosun in as our strikers first of all. Play our wingers to cross the ball in to a centre forward because clearly playing it on the floor isn't working. Play on the counter , we have the pace there to do it , just pack the midfield in front of the defence and create a wall.

Play al ghazi , Ali , kids from the reserves , tosun , rondon. Just play anyone over the ones losing most games.

I can understand why we are where we are but if we continue to do the same things and rely on the same players then nothing will change.

We are down , no avoiding that now. Unless Watford and Burnley don't pick up a single point between now and may then we are down. So change things and play 11 people who can run themselves into the ground for the next 9 games. Why did we only do that against Leeds and then just stop?

According to Esk

Its the senior players that are the problem! If they start finger pointing at Frank then they should be ejected from the club today after that performance last night. Its Franks job to put a rocket up them, and if they don't like it, then they shouldn't have a shirt.

According to Esk

If that story were true (and I don't believe for a second it is) , I'd be done with this club.

Its the senior players that are the problem! If they start finger pointing at Frank then they should be ejected from the club today after that performance last night. Its Franks job to put a rocket up them, and if they don't like it, then they shouldn't have a shirt.

I'm sure if it's true........then the press will run with the story as it would be bug mews that the senior player (once again ) have turned on a manager.

Pretty much everyone wanted him on here so by that virtue that rules out listening to the same fans on whatever to do next?

Tbh people only wanted him here when it was clearly a 2 horse race with Vitor.

Maybe he would have been better, but he seemed the bigger of two gambles.

I'm going to guess Frank is gone if he doesn't win on Saturday against Man U.
I don't believe he will be sacked any time soon, and I dont believe he's the problem.

The problem is, Franks choice of a back 4 or 5 is still the same useless bunch of wage stealers as last night. They're not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.