2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are some people wanting a new manager, what's he supposed to do make Kenny Keane and Holgate in to great defenders?
Lampard should not be replaced but if keeps using the same players then he can only expect the same results and mistakes

He should replace the 3 you mention with anyone he wants to from the U18s and upwards, there will be no drop off in quality, what does he have to lose?

If/ when we go down, thanks to these gutless cretins, we keep the manager and start again, a lot of them will jump ship, I think a fair few of them already have months ago. I have no faith in our players at all, Gordon apart, Ritchie in fits and starts, now I'm struggling, you can't just keep on sacking endless managers, what's the point, it's the same sorry bunch of weak minded clowns playing every week, with a few more from each new manager. Our recruitment policy is a joke, you buy players to enhance the team in differing places, to replace players when they are past their sell by date, we dont, we are run by dodgy agents in Moshiri's/ Kenwrights ear. Even now was Deli Ali an important part of the jigsaw ? How many players have we signed in the last five years and have been stuck on the bench and then sold/ loaned out without hardly ever playing ? It's unbelievable, the last time we had a plan David Moyes was the manager and he was far from perfect.

If/when we go down, the squad will look entirely different. I don't think Lampard will get that period of grace to get grips with it. Everyone will want him gone when we have the inevitable poor start to next season.

He's not had a full preseason or got players he wants in key areas.

Think he's more than capable.

I don't think anyone is capable with this squad.

Call me blinkered but this relegation is on the players and Moshiri, not Lampard or even Benitez to an extent.

If these players don't take to the guy they do sod all.
Be professional. Do your job. Be committed. Not one has.

And Farhad. Appointing a manager know one wanted has really been a poor move.

As someone said last night, this season has been the perfect storm. The injuries, the suspensions, the doggy decisions that go against us. Sacking the manger to late, then the poor recruitment in January. Players making school boy errors, which this season we have been punished by so many of them. I have never seen a team punished by so many individuals errors. Last night when they scored the winner I knew it was coming. To late with the subs. I backed Lampard as he was the best out of what was available to me anyway. Also he was the only manager the majority of the fan base would get behind. We can all say big Sam now but, back then he wouldn’t of been accepted after what we saw for the previous half of the season. He is young and learning and if we go down I would stick with him. If he gets sacked I will back whoever replaces him. But I am clear that bar a couple of players. I won’t back the rest of the team as they are embarrassment to the shirt and don’t deserve the privilege of playing for us.

I like Lampard, and think he'd be great for us with a bit of money and a pre-season. This isn't the right time, and its not his fault.

I think we have to be pragmatic and proactive here. 9 games is 25% of the season left. It's a lot of games left and we need to take another shot at someone.

We need a point from every game from now on - so this is a wild idea but i say park the bus as solidly as we can.

If it looks like we need points in the last few games of the season - go for it. otherwise stop losing games.
I think Benitez proved that 'parking the bus' doesn't work with our defenders. That was the master tactician's main ploy and it got us into the mess we are currently in.

Why are some people wanting a new manager, what's he supposed to do make Kenny Keane and Holgate in to great defenders?

Knew for 4-5 years we needed a right back.

Only to sign one, not play him, then get injured. Lampard wasn’t part of the recruitment process for El Ghazi, Mykolenko or Patterson, and ultimately the full backs will probably be what costs us.

Being reactive instead of pro-active to players declining in ability has plagued us for years and now with relegation stating us in the face, we’re relying on Kenny.

Not his fault or Mykolenkos fault, btw, they’re simply not good enough.

Godfrey was awful last night too. To be fair, I thought the left side of the 4 were not as bad, but Kenny and Gordon on the right was shambolic. Holgate from midfield was a mess, the lad cant pass.

When the alternative is to do what Rafael did, and put everyone behind the ball, then the problem is clear as day! We don't have a defender at the club who's capable of commanding and organising a defence.

Mina is the closest we have to a defensive leader, and he's always injured.

I have a lot of time for Frank, he speaks well and his style of play is attractive and direct. We just don't have the players to be able to play his football. Maybe he thought he would get a tune out of them, and maybe he has improved them somehow, but when your shipping 3 god awful goals against a Burnley team that's not scored in over 400 minutes of football, its time for plan B.

Whatever they do in training this week before the Utd game, they need to show a reaction after that. Its all the more frustrating because they can do it. Against City, they looked fairly solid for 80 minutes, then they get panned for 5 by spurs. No consistency, not good enough.

Frank can't coach a team to defend properly, he couldn't do so with Chelsea, how was he going to do so with our lot? this was a ridiculous appointment if i've ever seen one.
The players have got to take some responsibility too. The last 2 goals weren’t zonal marking or tactical. They were a combination of lack of concentration, switching off and it pains me to say it a lack of desire from a couple of players during them moves. I’m actually desperate for him to do well because I can see some shoots of recovery in our football compared to mid season. There has got to come a point where we get a bit of fortune from somewhere. I’m trying to but a positive spin on a dire situation. If we go down I don’t think it will be an immediate bounce back up. This team would struggle against the teams in the top 10 in the championship. The upside is we wouldn’t be watching this team next season, mind you if we stay up I think there will be a large purge regardless. Maybe not quite as big a purge than if we go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.