Shots fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's unfair.

It may very well be the case that he isn't the first manager to call out the players' mentality.

But if he thinks it needs doing, then there's no currency for him in previous managers already having done so. He needs to do it himself, as he has.

Disagree.

He without prompt immediately follows up slating the players with saying "it's not tactics";

For me, that's deflection from himself. Again. I could share another 10 times he's deflected responsibility/pointed the finger of blame elsewhere. Whether it has merit or not, he's manager ffs - it's not a good trait to be so evasive in a relegation scrap. He'll take the plaudits when we stay up won't he?

Sure, the players are cowards. We all know that. There's a reason Frank Lampard got the job - it was because they couldn't perform for a manager who has won titles.

But Lampard - aware of that - is contributing to the problem away from home.

Disagree.

He without prompt immediately follows up slating the players with saying "it's not tactics";

For me, that's deflection from himself. Again. I could share another 10 times he's deflected responsibility/pointed the finger of blame elsewhere. Whether it has merit or not, he's manager ffs - it's not a good trait to be so evasive in a relegation scrap. He'll take the plaudits when we stay up won't he?

Sure, the players are cowards. We all know that. There's a reason Frank Lampard got the job - it was because they couldn't perform for a manager who has won titles.

I have zero faith in these players sticking to any kind of tactical plan but the 3/5 at the back isn't working and hasn't worked at any point. Same as 2 in midfield. I back Lampard but some of his decisions aren't helping.

I am 100% behind Frank with these comment.

The tactics yesterday were spot on,

Quickly out of the gates, getting stuck in and dominating the match.

Then the obligatory soft goal is conceeded, heads drop, followed by the inevitable second soft goal.

Game over.

There is no fight in most of these clowns, no will to win and no mental toughness in most of them.

Frank has drawn a line in the sand now….calling them out publicly is what the buggers have needed for years now.

Then the obligatory soft goal is conceeded, heads drop, followed by the inevitable second soft goal.

Game over.

There is no fight in most of these clowns, no will to win and no mental toughness in most of them.

Frank has drawn a line in the sand now….calling them out publicly is what the buggers have needed for years now.
The problem mate is they will go further into their shells. Dreadful crowd of Muppets

If fit this is the team I would play till the end of the season.

…………………amir begovic………
Patterson..Mina(branthwaite)..Godfrey..Ukraine

…………..Allan………………VDB………….
……………………..Dele……………….

….Gordon…………DCL……….Richy……

We might go down but am sick of seeing Colman Keane Holgate Kenny doccoure gomes in this team.
By accident, Injury or design, we seem to have seen most permutations of the 11...and the net result is less than a point a game...and that average was with a half decent start.
So why not.

Disagree.

I do agree that he has been deflecting - I’ve heard more than enough of him saying “that’s from before I came.”

But equally, I don’t think that means he shouldn’t call the players out if it’s his assessment that it needs to be done.

I suppose we’ll see if it works, won’t we? Ultimately, that’s all that I care about - that we improve.

Disagree.

I think you are wrong, look at the results and playing under the recent departed managers, same players. Face it some are not good enough.

Blank Piece of Paper

Who plays - next game (including subs)

1. Gordon
2. Richarlison
3. Gray if fit
4. Allan if fit or eligible
5. Mina, oh hang on..
6. Pickford (also because he's obviously the best keeper we have)
7. err... Kenny, squeeze him in somewhere
8. Delph, oh, never mind..
9. Townsend, bugger it...
10. VDB
11. Doucoure
12. Iwobi..
13. Defenders....pick from Godfrey... Coleman.. Holgate.. Keane, Branthwaite, Myko according to this weeks formation
14. Space on bench for keeper(s), and youth..

from the bench...
15. Gomes
16. Dominic for 20 minutes or so
17. Rondon, Tosun, El Khazi, Dele
18. Patterson

Game over.

The tactics yesterday were spot on but we lost 4-0?

The tactics yesterday may well have worked with a different group of players... but that's just a hypothetical isn't it? They didn't work for this group of players, so can we say they were spot on?

We saw with Ancelotti that, when we had players out, away from home we sat deep and hit on the counter and at set pieces and were very effective (granted in fan-less grounds). That to me is where the answer lies until we get a better centre half. A high press works in theory, but in practice exposes what is a v.poor defensive line to spaces that they are not competent enough to defend.

I do agree that he has been deflecting - I’ve heard more than enough of him saying “that’s from before I came.”

But equally, I don’t think that means he shouldn’t call the players out if it’s his assessment that it needs to be done.

I suppose we’ll see if it works, won’t we? Ultimately, that’s all that I care about - that we improve.
Ultimately its his job and reputation on the line if he fails.
These players have played every formation tactic/system under the sun with a variety of managers philosophy's and failed.

I would like Lampard to actually name and shame these gutless players (I mean we all know who they are), buttering them up and giving them a clean slate every time a new manager walks through the door isnt/doesnt work and wont ever work.

Any team that concedes 14 on the bounce in 330 minutes away from home (60 at Newcastle (3), Soton (2), Spurs (5), Palace (4)) - that's almost 4 a game average without reply per game is doing something wrong. I can't recall Everton being this consistently bad in my lifetime (I think, beforehand, around 1958 they had a series of terrible results like this but that was early season and they sorted themselves out, likewise they lost something like 5 on the bounce late 70s before a key win turned it around).

Apart from the first 10-20 minutes in each of those games (0-0 in all of them) they have been shocking. It's a pattern that's been repeated time and time again - home and away: at least 8 times this season.

Ultimately its his job and reputation on the line if he fails.
These players have played every formation tactic/system under the sun with a variety of managers philosophy's and failed.

I would like Lampard to actually name and shame these gutless players (I mean we all know who they are), buttering them up and giving them a clean slate every time a new manager walks through the door isnt/doesnt work and wont ever work.
In the same way you have to trust your manager on transfers, I think you have to trust him on man management.

None of us know these players. We think we do, but we really don't know what makes them tick, what they respond best to.

If Lampard thinks the bollocks stuff is what needs to be said, then I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on that for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.