Shots fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope they dont have a hissy fit and down tools.
What are they gonna do? Lie down and take a 5-0 humping away at Spurs, or get mauled 4-0 at Crystal Palace, or get humiliated 5-2 at home to Watford? Or get fingered 4-1 at home to the RS? Lol, they can do their worst, nobody would even notice the difference if the laughable gang of cowards downed tools at this point!

Their points per game since he's been manager is the same as when he got the job. But he's been here 7 games.
Exactly, it's purely the players. Benitez would have taken us down, and Lampard will take us down, but I wouldn't place too large a blame on either of them, except Benitez's ego forced two of our best players out of the squad and didn't adequately replace them. Lampard is utterly helpless and blameless here imo.

Exactly, it's purely the players. Benitez would have taken us down, and Lampard will take us down, but I wouldn't place too large a blame on either of them, except Benitez's ego forced two of our best players out of the squad and didn't adequately replace them. Lampard is utterly helpless and blameless here imo.
I dont think he's helpless - he's got wins out of these players and he will again in the next 11 games.

People need to stop being too precious about what's said.

This is - as he said - the high end of football where you have to be at your best to survive.

That message will have been hammered home. He knows this lot are below bang average, but he also knows they are better than bottom 3 when they get their heads screwed on.

It is disappointing but Lampard is spot on. I think the main frustration is we saw the togetherness, we saw the effort on Thursday night.

Then we saw the effort in the first 20 minutes and then one small set back and that effort, positional discipline just goes completely and we give the easy opportunity to the opposition to play it around.

Shoot away Fronk.

We all know that the players are big lazy dossers.
I like to think that this is Frank addressing our players one-by-one at training this morning....

CA3DC0C7-F784-48E5-8400-888162BD62FA.jpeg

I dont think he's helpless - he's got wins out of these players and he will again in the next 11 games.

People need to stop being too precious about what's said.

This is - as he said - the high end of football where you have to be at your best to survive.

That message will have been hammered home. He knows this lot are below bang average, but he also knows they are better than bottom 3 when they get their heads screwed on.
Well said.

All he has to do is provoke enough of a reaction to get us safe then begin the cull in the summer.

He's said and largely done all the right things so far. I see his different reaction to the last two results as him having bought into this club.

He wont let this club sleep walk over the edge of a cliff, that is for sure.
Yeah he is ticking all the right boxes. I think we have finally found the right manager.

HE'S GOT THE PASHUN HES CALLING THESE LOSERS OUT ABOUT TIME SOMEONE DID

Come off it.

Every manager we've had since Moyes has had a pop at mentality of the players.

Here's Benitez saying we need a mentality to allow us to compete;

“The big issue is to create a winning mentality that will allow you to compete in the future"

To be fair, it's all he banged on about. The need to bring players who want to be here/mentality;

“I hope they can give us fresh legs and faces to improve the competition [in the squad]. And thinking about the future…I like to see Everton growing and improving – and improving the mentality. Not just being in a comfortable position where people are more relaxed.
“The point is, if we consider that [Andros] Townsend is a free transfer or Demarai is £1.7m, maybe we can find the right players for us. It doesn’t matter the price, it is more about the mentality. The fans know the kind of players that you need here, they know the kind of character that you need here and the quality that you are looking for.

Ancelotti was forever banging on about it to;

As is Seamus Coleman.

Calling them out does nothing.

Especially when there's now a 2 week break.

It's just deflection, yet again.

We know they lack the bottle, the mentality. They wouldn't have been on the arse end the worst run in a lifetime and sat 16th in the league when Frank Lampard come in otherwise.

The manager has to take accountability and drag them over the line.

HE'S GOT THE PASHUN HES CALLING THESE LOSERS OUT ABOUT TIME SOMEONE DID

Come off it.

Every manager we've had since Moyes has had a pop at mentality of the players.

Here's Benitez saying we need a mentality to allow us to compete;

“The big issue is to create a winning mentality that will allow you to compete in the future"

To be fair, it's all he banged on about. The need to bring players who want to be here/mentality;

“I hope they can give us fresh legs and faces to improve the competition [in the squad]. And thinking about the future…I like to see Everton growing and improving – and improving the mentality. Not just being in a comfortable position where people are more relaxed.
“The point is, if we consider that [Andros] Townsend is a free transfer or Demarai is £1.7m, maybe we can find the right players for us. It doesn’t matter the price, it is more about the mentality. The fans know the kind of players that you need here, they know the kind of character that you need here and the quality that you are looking for.

Ancelotti was forever banging on about it to;

As is Seamus Coleman.

Calling them out does nothing.

Especially when there's now a 2 week break.

It's just deflection, yet again.

We know they lack the bottle, the mentality. They wouldn't have been on the arse end the worst run in a lifetime and sat 16th in the league when Frank Lampard come in otherwise.

The manager has to take accountability and drag them over the line.

This manager had no input whatsoever in the squad which has been assembled. Unless you assume he had planned all the January moves, despite being appointed half way through deadline day.

That's the enormous difference here. All those previous managers signed the players who lacked the fight and bottle to play for Everton. Lampard has inherited a side with the worst record in our PL history, and had about 5 hours to improve the squad.

He actually has the conviction and determination not to accept this rubbish and would actually overhaul the squad. That's why we need to back him through all these problems. All the previous managers talked a good game, but did very little to move on players. I don't think a lot of these are involved next season under Lampard.

This manager had no input whatsoever in the squad which has been assembled. Unless you assume he had planned all the January moves, despite being appointed half way through deadline day.

That's the enormous difference here. All those previous managers signed the players who lacked the fight and bottle to play for Everton. Lampard has inherited a side with the worst record in our PL history, and had about 5 hours to improve the squad.

He actually has the conviction and determination not to accept this rubbish and would actually overhaul the squad. That's why we need to back him through all these problems. All the previous managers talked a good game, but did very little to move on players. I don't think a lot of these are involved next season under Lampard.

Well, nobody is blaming Lampard exclusively.

He knows, or at least should have known, what he was taking on.

Continually deflecting and pointing fingers doesn't do himself any favours (aside from his own PR), and it certainly doesn't do the club any.

As I said in the Lampard thread a moment ago;

He's not the problem.

We all know this squad lack the mentality.

But he's contributing to the problem.

He's setting us up to fail - particularly away at home.

He's making us more vulnerable, and he's right;
  • “There is only so much you can keep trying to butter someone up to get confidence,
Confidence comes from results and performances - being battered in every away game he's been here for removes whatever he says.

He's making the same mistakes, and he's not being held to account because;

1. Apathy/anger towards players.
2. "We can't keep sacking managers!"

Away from home, he has to be pragmatic. He has to recognise this team's defence is atrocious and this team is vulnerable.

He has to preserve whatever little confidence we have in a relegation fight. If you can't win, don't lose. If you lose, don't lose 5-0, 4-0...

To set us up to press so high up the pitch, with our defence and a midfield which can't tackle is absolute insanity. If he didn't learn that from Southampton or Newcastle, I hoped Spurs would have rammed it home.

Evidently based on Palace, it hasn't.

This isn't after the event cry arsing either - I've been crying it in for ages now.

If he sets us up again like that at Burnley and we lose, I'll lose faith in him.

Well, nobody is blaming Lampard exclusively.

He knows, or at least should have known, what he was taking on.

Continually deflecting and pointing fingers doesn't do himself any favours (aside from his own PR), and it certainly doesn't do the club any.

As I said in the Lampard thread a moment ago;

I don't think we are being set up to fail necessarily. The only game I think the set up was ridiculous was against Spurs. Yesterday we started fine and had imposed ourselves on the game. Then we had an injury and a defensive shocker from a set play, and the players gave up. Individual mistakes and a lack of fight are the recurring themes. Neither of those had anything to do with the system. It was just individuals not doing their job properly.

I'm not making any excuses for them any more because they've had more than enough chances. The reason we are in this mess is because of the failure of the club to overhaul the squad. That is nothing to do with Lampard.

Status
Not open for further replies.