Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d throw in at least 4 kids against Newcastle; Patterson, Dobbin and 2 more preferably in midfield.

We’re getting nothing from this current group, kids play without fear. A last roll of the dice. Changing formation with the same group isn’t working, they have no battle and are mentally fragile.
I'm fed up hearing how we can't throw young players into a difficult situation.

Well the reality is that our senior players are playing with fear or they don't care enough. If we persist with them, then I think the result is inevitable.

Although I'm not totally convinced it is fear that's the problem. I just genuinely believe they don't care what happens. Some of them know they will just sit on their huge contracts - they don't care about the club's finances if we go down. Others see this as an opportunity to get out of the club, and on their terms. The cynic in me thinks there are 2 or 3 who already have their heads at another club.

We will stay up

Gotto beat Watford though. That’s a season deciding match

That game will be all about character. Nerves. Bottle.

Ah well. Coventry away it is then next year.

Just cant see where the points are coming from. A defence that has a phobia about clean sheets. A midfield who are not contributing goals. A striker who isn't really a central striker.

In short. Cant keep em out. Cant put them in.

City weren't a big club when they went down.

Took Villa 2 seasond and almost went back down in their first season back in the top flight.

We'd do a Leeds with our financial woes. Tumble to league 2 then take a decade to come back

We're no different to Norwich. We've zero chance of staying up.
City definitely were a big club. Not as big as they are now but they've always been big.

I'm fed up hearing how we can't throw young players into a difficult situation.

Well the reality is that our senior players are playing with fear or they don't care enough. If we persist with them, then I think the result is inevitable.

Although I'm not totally convinced it is fear that's the problem. I just genuinely believe they don't care what happens. Some of them know they will just sit on their huge contracts - they don't care about the club's finances if we go down. Others see this as an opportunity to get out of the club, and on their terms. The cynic in me thinks there are 2 or 3 who already have their heads at another club.
They’re playing with fear, some are probably ready for an out, but when nobody is prepared to take responsibility for a pass and everything is going back then fear as set in.

With the situation getting worse, this won’t be resolved. IMO it’s a last throw of the dice; nothing else is working

Just gotta hope the JJK red was a blessing in disguise and we never see 3 at the back with coleman and JJK starting together ever happen again. It hasn’t worked twice, lets not make it a 3rd time Frank. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

I hope it makes him just pick a 4.3.3 and stick with it regardless.

Pickford
Patterson Keane Godfrey Mykolenko
Allan Doucoure DVB
Gray DCL Richy

I want to transfer myself back to the mid 80s. Starting with the Bayern match.
I would go back to any time other than now if I am being honest. At least when we were [Poor language removed] the players had a little bit of fight in them. We didn't have any ambition that was being wasted either. One thing having a crap team and not going anywhere and having a poor season. It's a whole other thing to see what we have now.

They’re playing with fear, some are probably ready for an out, but when nobody is prepared to take responsibility for a pass and everything is going back then fear as set in.

With the situation getting worse, this won’t be resolved. IMO it’s a last throw of the dice; nothing else is working

The minute Wolves scored, they all [Poor language removed] it and refused to move forward with the ball. Then lumped it and lost it.

It needs players that don't give a [Poor language removed] what the score is

People keep mentioning players clocking off because they’ve had their heads turned and are ready to leave in the summer. If I was a fan of a club who was interested in any of our players, I’d be alarmed and worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.