Fans in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moment it was done there should have been 100% backing and unity. His critics could have retained their positions on him and not liked him being manager.

The fact it didn't happen that way has produced an existential threat to Everton's top flight status.
This would require humans to stop having human thoughts though.

In an ideal world you are right, but it was never ever going to happen was it? We all knew that from the beginning right? Only one person seemingly didn't and he is the one that wields the power.

Slagging off players on GOT or any other social media platform is not helpful in restoring their confidence.
Lampard has said that they do care and has told them to stay away from media unless they can deal with it.

We're ???? and we know we are????

This is a bad a place, but we still have time to stumble our way to just enough points.

This would require humans to stop having human thoughts though.

In an ideal world you are right, but it was never ever going to happen was it? We all knew that from the beginning right? Only one person seemingly didn't and he is the one that wields the power.
The opposition went beyond the pale. I think most people would accept that. It was so resolute that it became the over-riding narrative of Everton's season. That utterly killed us on the pitch and that's why we find ourselves facing destruction right now.

There’s a new Everton fan group launched called Blues Outsinging Opposition Supporters.

66684820-21D0-4F63-9637-128F7737C024.jpeg

From what I believe their manifesto is “leave your ego at the turnstiles lad” and are a bunch of sound Evertonians who just want to go the game, see their mates, enjoy a pint and get behind their team. They don’t believe in abusing players or staff but instead acting like fully grown adults appreciating it’s a sport played by imperfect humans.

I’ll be watching them closely to see if I fancy associating myself with them in time, or indeed it they would have me.

The opposition went beyond the pale. I think most people would accept that. It was so resolute that it became the over-riding narrative of Everton's season. That utterly killed us on the pitch and that's why we find ourselves facing destruction right now.
The fans were behind the team and Benitez from the off, despite uncertainty, because we started off well. Once things started to dip, with zero signs of him actually doing anything to change it, that’s when it got nasty. If Moshiri had listened to the board and fired him after that Derby humiliation in December, then I very much doubt we’d still be sitting above the drop zone now

I'm not sure it did to be honest, certainly not at the grounds (where it matters most). I was surprised at how accepting people were of Benitez at first, if the results were OK I think people would have grown to accept him. But his history combined with having nothing to spend, a poor team in general and an absolute shambles in terms of structure meant that things were going to go badly as soon as we hit a sticky patch, and it was a very, very sticky patch in the end.

We should never have been in that position, he was the wrong appointment, everybody knew this bar one person. For him to have succeeded he would have had to have had an incredibly good season and there was nothing to suggest that would be the case.

Fan opinion always matters. Whether it should or shouldn't is irrelevant because it does. People cant just change their feelings on something because it is the "right" thing to do etc. It was an appointment devoid of taking into account any human emotion. Football doesn't work like that.

The fans were behind the team and Benitez from the off, despite uncertainty, because we started off well. Once things started to dip, with zero signs of him actually doing anything to change it, that’s when it got nasty. If Moshiri had listened to the board and fired him after that Derby humiliation in December, then I very much doubt we’d still be sitting above the drop zone now
There was grudging accepatance until we lost a handful of games...then blanket opposition.

Let's not re-write history.

I'm not sure it did to be honest, certainly not at the grounds (where it matters most). I was surprised at how accepting people were of Benitez at first, if the results were OK I think people would have grown to accept him. But his history combined with having nothing to spend, a poor team in general and an absolute shambles in terms of structure meant that things were going to go badly as soon as we hit a sticky patch, and it was a very, very sticky patch in the end.

We should never have been in that position, he was the wrong appointment, everybody knew this bar one person. For him to have succeeded he would have had to have had an incredibly good season and there was nothing to suggest that would be the case.

Fan opinion always matters. Whether it should or shouldn't is irrelevant because it does. People cant just change their feelings on something because it is the "right" thing to do etc. It was an appointment devoid of taking into account any human emotion. Football doesn't work like that.
We are where we are because of that OTT tribalism.

The fans picked to play negative, 30% football
The fans picked poor starting line-ups
The fans were responsible for the derby humiliation
The fans were responsible for the worst run in the clubs modern history
The fans were responsible for causing turmoil behind the scenes
The fans were responsible for falling out with star players

You bad bunch of meffs, it’s all your fault

:hayee:

Franks right.
We’re in a putrid state unfortunately.
I'd like to know what "constant negativity" is in latin, because it should be the new club motto.

Some of the hard core "real" fans (as they self styled themselves) who made it their life's mission to unseat Benitez have frog marched this club over to the edge of the abyss...and they know it too...and now all they have left is to try and muddy the waters by pathetically rounding on people who gave that manager support...like an assailant standing over their victim with a rock in their hand screaming at them that they forced them to smash them over the head with it.

I feel very bitter toward them today if I'm being totally honest with you.

Thank you for being brave enough to post this mate, it’s needed. There is a huge undercurrent of so-called blues more concerned at not losing face over damaging Everton with their misplaced and really quite stupid views rather than getting behind Everton.

I do not know how we attracted this type of completely devoid of humility trashy Geordie fan but here we are, and not calling out them and their egos would only empower them to try and hurt Everton more.

Frankly they disgust me, the mental maggots.
I’m not saying we all need to be 100% positive all the time. Of course it’s ok to express bad feelings as well as good.

But the ones that are 100% negative all of the time need calling out in my opinion.

I mean, we’re leaning on Dave for positivity here. We’re through the looking glass people.

Status
Not open for further replies.