Match Thread Tottenham vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Franky got DCL wrong. The start was all wrong.
Why did we give up the backbone evident against City.

Its one thing for Frank to bemoan our away mentality, its a different thing to set up to fail.
Richarlison can add spine through the centre
We had El Ghazi to run the left, use him.
And shore up the midfield balance.

Donnie is good at seeing the game and breaking things down as much as linking and getting things going.
but he doesn't have the pace to counter the counter.

Donnie anchoring and Doucs marking Son would have countered Spurs counter
And left us with EL Ghazi, Rciharlison and Gordon to counter.

I thing the season/game changer is Gray coming back and Richarlison into 9
The best way to push the opposition back is with threat... to force them out and capitalise

We just got dealt a lesson we would do well to learn from.

Last edited:
Just took a screengrab before the 5th. What on Earth are the players thinking here?

View attachment 158310
Doucs should never have be there, Coleman and Alan shoud've been picking up Kane and Doucs tracking the left run from deeper. That was the problem at the start. Doucs should not be up in attack to receive when there is a turnover, he is the late run, not marked.

Didn’t watch. Went to watch Tony Visconti caress the bass in the Phil with my arl man.

Gig was boss. I’ve nothing really more to add than that tbh.

frank basically calling out the players for giving up

can see alot of changes for the wolves game
The thing is he hasn't got much options. I would bring Branthwaite and Patterson in. Coleman has been a great servant but hes a busted flush. I have to say i think DCL was more ineffective than Rondon. If he wants out i wouldn't play him We played better with Iwobi and Gordon last week. I would pick Gordon Gray and Richie next week in a front 3.

Franky got DCL wrong. The start was all wrong.
Why did we give up the backbone evident against City.

Its one thing for Frank to bemoan our away mentality, its a different thing to set up to fail.
Richarlison can add spine through the centre
We had El Ghazi to run the left, use him.
And shore up the midfield balance.

Donnie is good at seeing the game and breaking things down as much as linking and getting things going.
but he doesn't have the pace to counter the counter.

Donnie anchoring and Doucs marking Son would have countered Spurs counter
And left us with EL Ghazi, Rciharlison and Gordon to counter.

I thing the season/game changer is Gray coming back and Richarlison into 9
The best way to push the opposition back is with threat... to force them out and capitalise

We just got dealt a lesson we would do well to learn from.
I agree, he should have heeded the warning from the inept performance at Southampton. More mobility and Hard work up front. Calvert Lewin relies on his physicality. He isnt worth having on the pitch otherwise.

The thing is he hasn't got much options. I would bring Branthwaite and Patterson in. Coleman has been a great servant but hes a busted flush. I have to say i think DCL was more ineffective than Rondon. If he wants out i wouldn't play him We played better with Iwobi and Gordon last week. I would pick Gordon Gray and Richie next week in a front 3.
Not sure about Patterson. More open gates on that one. And Braithwaite should never play on the left for where he's at.
But def agree with a front three that includes Gray and Richarlison at 9. Still go my doubts about whether Gordon is suited to the wing or whether all that he's got is suited more inside. I like to see the forwards score goals from those positions.
If Gordon could score those midfield goals he could be something really special, he's not far off being somethign more than a winger, but alas still in wonder.

Doucs should never have be there, Coleman and Alan shoud've been picking up Kane and Doucs tracking the left run from deeper. That was the problem at the start. Doucs should not be up in attack to receive when there is a turnover, he is the late run, not marked.
What makes it worse is that Holgate is tracking Son but when kane scores it is branthwaite in front of Son. So where did Holgate go?

Just back from the game. Usually I sit down and read through the match thread to see what the general consensus was but sod that, I feel depressed enough as it is.

Bright first 10 mins, snappy in the tackles and pressing. Then Keane does a Keane, heads drop, we fall apart, confidence is shot across the whole team and we crumble like a 1973 Fiat Panda getting rear ended by a semi. Keane and Coleman should never be anywhere near our starting 11 anymore, loved Seamus but he really is starting to look everyone of his 57 years of age. Embarrassing seeing him trying to compete at this level nowadays.

I debated leaving at HT, thought I’d stick it out and see how the second half started. So in the end left in the 47th minute. At least I managed to catch the early train. Every cloud.

I think we miss Gray a lot.
The team was at a place post Lukaku where an absence meant finding more players up front who could take the ball at there feet and play
the team potential changed first with Richarlison, but it became obvious that Rciharlison, the team man, even down with his fouls, needed the accomplices
Gray gives potential to the side. Maybe Frank saw that Tottenham wasn't such a game for that confidence first up.
But the way they played must sting.

Just back from the game. Usually I sit down and read through the match thread to see what the general consensus was but sod that, I feel depressed enough as it is.

Bright first 10 mins, snappy in the tackles and pressing. Then Keane does a Keane, heads drop, we fall apart, confidence is shot across the whole team and we crumble like a 1973 Fiat Panda getting rear ended by a semi. Keane and Coleman should never be anywhere near our starting 11 anymore, loved Seamus but he really is starting to look everyone of his 57 years of age. Embarrassing seeing him trying to compete at this level nowadays.

I debated leaving at HT, thought I’d stick it out and see how the second half started. So in the end left in the 47th minute. At least I managed to catch the early train. Every cloud.
The Fiat Panda was launched in 1980. Apart from that, your post is completely correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.