Match Thread Tottenham vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eternally optimistic hopefully fan here. I'm nervous. And more importantly you get the feeling and increasing evidence it's not only the players and manager, there's a LOT behind the scenes we dont' know that has to be influencing this S***show.
I remember watching bits and pieces of the documentaries and how actually the backroom staff - trainers, physios, kit people, management staff - behind the scenes spend more time with the players than the actual first X1 coaching team. something about the way we are operating behind the scenes is making the team have this 'losing mentality' , and the ex-players are definitely adding to that. How can it be, and how does it make sense that on his own, Big Dunc can fire up players but then in a coaching team he's not doing much - he must be a motivator more than a coach. And even our 'legends' like Baines have not actually won anything. The only ex-players really worth approaching were Cahill, Arteta and some of that generation. not that they won anything, but they had a fighting spirit plus some success and skill to go with it. Ebbrell, jeffers, unsworth??
and carsley is proving himself elsewhere.
We need an overhaul, and we didn't learn that teams with money like Man City overhauled the backroom set up, the coaching, the club, the medical department, EVERYTHING, and imagine if we'd spent £500m on that - we might not be getting in Europe today, but we'd be well on our way to a stable, sustainable improvement
I thought in the last few years Silva, Ancelotti and Lampard have been managers who had potential to change something. Ancelotti said once 'he's waiting'for his next contract, and we can't know anything for sure cos he just left, and he looks like a manager who's more into selecting than coaching players, but Silva had ideas but seemed to be killed off by the speed and energy of the club. Lampardas brought in so much positivity, and obviously can attract players with his coaching team and his own reputation, but we still have games like today.

On balance, you could say today was lost because of Keane-Holgate and the lack of a link between them and the midfield. Not the right type of players and not the right type of prtnerships and tactics, because that will take time to coach. But today was all about the nonsense investment of the last few years (not the right midfielders) , the injuries and the years of negative, nervous tactics that have been ingrained into the players. I still have faith lampard can turn it around, but I feel like Godfrey, Mina, Digne, even Davies despite his lack of skills, were the better fighters in a tough period we are in, and the depareture of Ancelotti and hiring of Benitez killed us off, going from the highs to lows so qucikly.

What makes it worse is that Holgate is tracking Son but when kane scores it is branthwaite in front of Son. So where did Holgate go?
Yeah, all at sea.
Interesting to see the period between Keane going and Myko coming on.
Keane is felt by his absence as well.

I'd hate Keane to be seen in the way that others have have not risen to our 'the best character will only do' bc he in that way is a blue,
but he is out of his depth in what is there to be achieved, there is a mountain to climb here, and for me Keane has lost his instinct playing behind the midfields he has, and he needs to refind that, away from this mountain of mess.

I was in the home end (very much kept my head down!) and my Spurs mate said we played well in parts. I’m not sure about that! We were utterly abysmal. Injuries have ravaged an already terrible squad and we still haven’t replaced our two best players: Lucas Digne and James Rodriguez.

What I can’t understand is why we perform so well at home under Frank but so poorly away from home under Frank. As Frank said in his post-match interview: we fans are like a 12th man when we play at Goodison under Frank. We really give the players a boost. We’ll need that if we are going to avoid playing Championship football against the likes of Bristol City next year.

Any Evertonian that watched beyond half an hour is a better Evertonian than me, the sad thing is I'm not even raging, it was totally predictable, we are at our weakest when we have the ball. They looked like scoring every time we lost the ball.

Need 4 points at the minimum from our next 2 games. We need to finish 17th and we need to get rid of many many players.

Don't lose sleep over them, after watching News at 10 and seeing what's happening in Ukraine I can't get upset over a football game.
I haven't even heard the final score and I'm not going to watch it.

It will kill us
will it? Lets be totally honest, we are dying a slow and painful death at the moment. Moshiri hasn't got a clue lurching from one knee jerk reaction to another, now hampered with FFP and his Uzbeki mate not there to bail him out. The hangers on are hardly inspiring anyone at the club. Kenwright, Baxendale, Unsworth, Ferguson etc. There is no clear leadership structure and finishing in the PL in the 4th worst position doesn't fill me with the confidence that Moshiri will ever take onboard the fact he is destroying us from within.

If we go down, that might make him decide enough is enough and do the honorable thing and leave, that's if the protests don't get him out anyway. I honestly didn't think i would see the day where i am starting to believe the only way to save this club is drop down and start afresh. I cant face another three or four years of the toal ineptitude from everyone within the club and the lackluster, gutless displays from professionals who are rinsing us dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.