Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
what

What you said about their pay levels is exactly what sickens me. There are people surviving on half of what they get in a week to last them a year. It is horrendous how bad they are at basics of playing football and their complete lack of passion for this Club
The "passion" is an issue. For that money, they really need to keep playing to their utter limits, heads up, despite shipping a goal or two. The passion can't turn off when they [Poor language removed] up. Alex Ferguson's success as a manager was often based on the team never stopping, never giving in. We are playing for possession now under Lampard, and not just passing sideways like under Bobby M. When they have the ball, doing something with it would be a plan. And getting the ball in the rectangle thing at the end is also good to practice.

What yesterday showed is that the previous manager wasn't the problem. In fact I never felt that the players ever downed tools for him. He just had horrendous injury problems and the patience of the fans ran out. I actually feel he would have been better equipped for the fight we are now in than lampard is.

That being said the fans weren't going to accept him so from that perspective he did have to go but that's through no fault of his own. The one bonus of lampard is that goodison will be behind him.

Dele alli is not really the best signing for now given his downward trajectory and he doesn't appear to have the fight in him required, but lampard only had a day to get a few players in.

Its worrying times but despite that, you would have to say we are a stronger outfit than the 3 at the bottom. Saturday is massive and it looks a game that could go either way.

Pathetic again from the cowards on the pitch, chance after chance we give thrn snd they put in a performance like that. Two massive games leeds southampton then city . Really need to be getting points now would love 7 from the next 3 games. Horrible watching it week to week with us

Luckily there are at least 4 teams below us who are really [Poor language removed], because we are on a very slippy slope and even the impetus of a new manager fell flat after 1 game

Luckily there are at least 4 teams below us who are really [Poor language removed], because we are on a very slippy slope and even the impetus of a new manager fell flat after 1 game
Newcastle aren't poor but I would say Brentford can be easily sucked into it. I think we are better than the current bottom 3 and Brentford but worse than the rest

Injuries killed us off, hoping the criwd can lift the team next match
this is the problem though... there's so much enthesis on the crowd making Goodison a bear pit but the team need to play their part in that and show us something to cheer. 9 times out of 10 it's a poor ref decision or something that gets us going, not the players. If they show some fight, the fans will respond.

Our forward three for the Leeds match will most likely be Richarlson....DCL...Gordon. As good as Gordon has been , he now needs to weigh in with a few goals. As do the other two. DVDB now has to start in midfield. We need a solid midfield. Although with Gomes and Ali , I'm not sure that they do solid. Of course they dont. So maybe give Onyango a proper run out. Think also that Patterson filled in at Rangers in a midfield position. Although that won't happen at Everton.
And as for our defence.
what do you do? Coleman is useless. Keane is beyond useless. Holgate is useless. Mina is play one game , miss 6 games. Patterson is at present not trusted. Mylenko could be anything. JJ Kenny not really trusted......Godfrey is out. Braithwaite could be anything........or nothing. Townsend is not a left wingback. That's it. God help us.

So it's all about our attack and midfield in the next few matches. We are in bother folks. Just hope our better players can step up . Just hope they can handle the pressure. Just hope that Leeds utd don't turn up on saturday. A little praying might help. No.......a lot of praying might help.
Just hope that this bunch of player's can get to safety before the last few matches of the season. Because I just don't see this bunch doing a Wimbledon anytime soon. So get to safety as soon as possible. Before the pressure really ramps up. Infact......I'm Not sure about anything about this Everton team anymore. Nobody is. So who knows what will happen in saturday. Who knows?????

I still feel absolutely crushed today.

That felt like a season defining game. I know there is still time etc, but I am very worried.

The game changed when Gray and Mina went off. Injuries have blighted our team for three seasons now and could play a significant part in our demise.

So down.

I still feel absolutely crushed today.

That felt like a season defining game. I know there is still time etc, but I am very worried.

The game changed when Gray and Mina went off. Injuries have blighted our team for three seasons now and could play a significant part in our demise.

So down.

Kept me up until the early hours that did last night. Couldn't sleep.

In my 40's and that's what they still do to me.

After the euphoria of the cup win lifting expectations, it is probably for the best that Frank sees early on the severity of the problem.
He can take actions now and start planning a different approach.
Bad luck with the injuries. But the problem is not just injuries.
Hindsight shows bringing Ali on for Gray was a bad substitution.
Mostly anonymous.
Should have been a like for like swap, possibly give Al G a run out.

Oh well. More suffering on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.