2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's such a gargantuan task he has trying to coach these players to be able to pass and control a football. I just don't think any manager has it in them to do so.
Unless we sort things out defensively, we will forever be in the mix for relegation. I think that is our biggest problem at present.

Yeah I think this really.

We can only play 3 at the back if Mina is there.

Once he got injured, go to 4 at the back. Could Townsend have played left back? Who knows. But that's probably a better option than 3-4-3 with our midfield and no MIna
Townsend is an experienced and hardworking player, could have done the job for 50-60 minutes. Plus with Richie on our left wing, their right hand side would have been busier. Add to that the fact that they played predominantly on the left wing with Saint Maximine.

I'm not going to lie: I expect us to go down now more than I expect us to stay up.

If Lampard stops the rot and saves us they can melt that Dixie Dean statue down and make one of him instead.

We have the stink of the Championship on us.
100% correct. My Liverpool mate just asked if I'm nervously looking over my shoulder at the fixtures, and I said no, as I fully expect we'll be going down. No fight in this team, which is absolutely scandalous when a new manager has just been appointed.

I'm not going to lie: I expect us to go down now more than I expect us to stay up.

If Lampard stops the rot and saves us they can melt that Dixie Dean statue down and make one of him instead.

We have the stink of the Championship on us.

I think our Goodison form will be enough to keep us up but only on the basis of 3 things:

1. DCL keeping fit
2. Gray keeping fit
3. Doucoure keeping fit

If those 3 keep missing games then we're in trouble as our defence are keystone cops.

He was under a transfer embargo for the first part of his managerial career at Chelsea and did a very good job.

The Championship is a very difficult league to get out of and he lost in the playoff final.

Hardly say he has under achieved in his short time as a manager.
He did do well with an amazing squad of 50 players first season at Chelsea, second season was a complete failure when he had a clear objective

Derby was a failure sorry to say but he didn't complete the task at hand

It worries you when your team, last week apart, is constantly outfought by near enough every team you play against. There is only so much a manager a coach can do, when the whistle goes it's up to the players and if there is no right or not enough heart, then you are in deep trouble.

We have a novice manager learning the job in the middle of a crisis now. Tonight was utterly unacceptable. Frank needs time, but we don't have much of it to give. The calculation was a new manager bounce would help us avoid defeat in games like tonight and keep us up. Otherwise, what was to be gained by sacking a highly experienced manager? It made people feel better for a week. And now? We're in massive trouble, badly beaten by Norwich and Newcastle and now the worst side in the league on form. The Lampard appointment could yet prove to be the final, definitive Moshiri blunder. We're in a death spiral now as the injuries continue to mount. These players will cave, just as they did tonight and Goodison will turn toxic and hostile as they flounder against the likes of Leeds and the fear reaches nuclear reactor explosion point. But yeah, "enjoy the ball."

100% correct. My Liverpool mate just asked if I'm nervously looking over my shoulder at the fixtures, and I said no, as I fully expect we'll be going down. No fight in this team, which is absolutely scandalous when a new manager has just been appointed.

I'll leave it until the Leeds game mate, but if we dont get 3 points from that I'll be calling it: RELEGATED.

Status
Not open for further replies.