Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disconcerting that Fenerbahce fan on the other thread mentioned one of Vitors major flaws is once he falls into a slump he seems incapable of regaining form and struggles. Definitely a quality you want when coaching a team that's already suffering 2 wins in like 13 games mire. Also I guess he alienates his best players constantly it's deja vu.

Look at who the board is: Kenwright, the chugger, Sharp and some mush called Ingles who I have no idea about.

They are a chimp's tea party.

If Bill loved the club, wanted what's best, and wholeheartedly disagreed with Moshiri about where the club is headed or who he appoints...he would walk.

IMO he doesn't. He agrees with Moshiri.

Really disconcerting that Fenerbahce fan on the other thread mentioned one of Vitors major flaws is once he falls into a slump he seems incapable of regaining form and struggles. Definitely a quality you want when coaching a team that's already suffering 2 wins in like 13 games mire. Also I guess he alienates his best players constantly it's deja vu.

Good job the players are wank then

Very little point in trying to 'analyse' this mans tactics and strategy. He is just going to be some bloke that turns up for training and picks the team. His input is likely to be close to zero, I would suspect he will just let the coaches get on with it - it has been everywhere else he has been - then he gets sacked/leaves and moves onto the next job.

I don't find his CV impressive if I'm honest, so I understand the apprehension about him, but then I see the same people crying that this will be the worst appointment ever made advocating Lampard and it absolutely burns my head out

Don't particularly want the guy, but I'll say again that there's nothing about him which makes me anymore nervous than the prospect of Lampard or Rooney

The media are trying to whip up a Benitez Mk2 appointment vibe around Pereira to aid Kenwright and his plans to retain control of the club despite not being owner.

This is all Kenwright led. Kenwright wants his train set back. Dont you worry about that.
Dave .
I think I was as fair to RB as anybody else and while manager I supported him.
In hindsight I think it was an impossible job for him and certainly the wrong appointment for that reason. The local connection was too strong and the squad he inherited, with no money, to spend was not good enough to give him a realistic shot at success.
Injuries destroyed any chance he had, some of his selections didn't help either.

Bill Kenwright did not want RB, it does appear he wanted Moyes back and again in hindsight he was probably right about that as well.
Pereira, if appointed, like every other manager will have my full support but considering the dangerous position we are in I don't think we can afford another high risk strategy. Pereira, simply has not got an impressive body of work behind him since he was first interviewed and should logically be further from the job now than he was then.

Come to think of it I’ve never wanted an Everton manager to succeed more because if he does then there’s unlimited vaulting material in this thread.

I’ll be back on periodically to remind you that you aren’t allowed to celebrate any Everton wins while he’s manager, you hideous hypocrites.
I am going to support anyone we get ,we are on deep ? and can't afford to have a sideshow of being anti manager.
Think it's the fact Moshri is bringing him in rather than anything the manager has done that has the fans wound up.
Fact is in are situation any of them are a risk.
He looks a bit of a character something we as a club lack.
If he comes good luck to him.

You just never know really. Football can be quite odd, history is littered with managers that failed at clubs and were then successful at others and vice versa. Sometimes theres just a “fit” and you get lucky. If you’re going by stats and win percentages, Benitez had a glittering CV but turned out to be one of the worst managers in our entire history.

Klopp at Dortmund had an unremarkable win percentage of 56.2%, Four managers since have comfortably bettered that (Tuchel 62.62%, Favre 61.82%, Rose 63.33%, Terzic 62.50%).

Pochettino had a horrendous CV before rocking up at Southampton, having a win percentage of 32.92% at espanyol and was sacked after taking them to the brink of relegation. Even the “great job” he then done at Southampton wasn’t all that great either if you look at the stats, a win percentage of 38.33%, Koeman then posted 48.35% etc etc. even Wenger before he went to Arsenal had win percentages of 28.9 at Nancy, 48.9% at Monaco which isn’t great for them, and a 56% in Japan.

Pereira’s record isn’t a bad one. His win percentages at his clubs are generally better than those he succeeded and those that preceded him. Look at Porto, his win stats are 69.89%.. those that immediately followed him,

Fonseca 56.76%
Castro 56.25%
Lopetegui 67.95%
Barros 50%
Pesiero 59.09%
Nuno Espirito Santo 55.10%
and the current manager has a slightly better percentage of 71.49% (Conceicao).

The same is also the case with his subsequent jobs by and large as well.

Look I’m not saying he’s the perfect candidate by any means and it’s definitely a gamble, but so are the others that have been mentioned. What I don’t get is this narrative that Periera is totally useless, he isn’t.

I don't find his CV impressive if I'm honest, so I understand the apprehension about him, but then I see the same people crying that this will be the worst appointment ever made advocating Lampard and it absolutely burns my head out

Don't particularly want the guy, but I'll say again that there's nothing about him which makes me anymore nervous than the prospect of Lampard or Rooney
Lampard and Rooney both have the experience of at least playing in the league and understanding what it takes to win a premier league game as a player, this guy hasn’t. Lampard also has managed for a brief spell in the premier league so his credentials are a lot better.

Moshiri is wrecking this club. I wanted Lampard or Kovac not this fella. I will get behind him and the team tho if he is appointed. We all need to come together. Manager Players Fans to try an save this club from the championship. F Moshiri and the board they don’t want what’s best for Everton and the fans.

Dave .
I think I was as fair to RB as anybody else and while manager I supported him.
In hindsight I think it was an impossible job for him and certainly the wrong appointment for that reason. The local connection was too strong and the squad he inherited, with no money, to spend was not good enough to give him a realistic shot at success.
Injuries destroyed any chance he had, some of his selections didn't help either.

Bill Kenwright did not want RB, it does appear he wanted Moyes back and again in hindsight he was probably right about that as well.
Pereira, if appointed, like every other manager will have my full support but considering the dangerous position we are in I don't think we can afford another high risk strategy. Pereira, simply has not got an impressive body of work behind him since he was first interviewed and should logically be further from the job now than he was then.
Look at where we are. Who is realistically available and superior?

Status
Not open for further replies.