Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s horrible to say but I’d genuinely just be parachuting Allardyce in until the end of the season. I think Lampard would try and get this lot playing and find that they can’t. Allardyce at least will have no illusions about how crap the majority of these players are and how limited their skill set and desire is. He’s at least bore them into submission on set pieces, that could well be enough to get us the points needed.

We’ve made a managerial appointment just at the wrong time though so now we’ve wasted the majority of the January transfer window, as well as the cash that is down the drain for changing managers.

The people running the club are incompetent, the players are a complete joke but don’t worry it will all be solved by finding a manager who plays 433 and a bit of progressive football.
But we'd have to sack him again in the summer a decent manager should get enough points playing attacking football with the players we have

Lampard is the right choice. People need to understand how the game is moving. The top players of my childhood in the noughties will lead the game forward In the next 20 years. Get with the times of get left behind.

The idea of replacing Benitez with a Allardyce or Mourinho type is utterly laughable. People clearly don't watch any football anymore and are watching PL years repeats on sky from 2005.
I agree that we don’t want another outdated, old fashioned manager, but I’m not sure there’s much evidence that the great players of the noughties are reshaping football.

They certainly aren’t reshaping it just because they were great players in the noughties anyway, so if we were to get lampard I’d want it to be because we’ve identified something in his coaching and management that we think would work here, not just because we think he’s the type of appointment other clubs are making.

But we'd have to sack him again in the summer a decent manager should get enough points playing attacking football with the players we have

Playing attacking football? You have to have balance in the team though, to be able to score goals whilst not conceding them. Where are the defenders to allow us to play a high line, where are the creative midfielders to dominate possession, where are the forwards who can link play together? They are the pre requisites for attacking football.

Attacking football is miles away under the is squad. Even Ancelotti couldn’t manage it consistently by the end. We struggle to keep possession even when not under pressure.

Playing attacking football? You have to have balance in the team though, to be able to score goals whilst not conceding them. Where are the defenders to allow us to play a high line, where are the creative midfielders to dominate possession, where are the forwards who can link play together? They are the pre requisites for attacking football.

Attacking football is miles away under the is squad. Even Ancelotti couldn’t manage it consistently by the end. We struggle to keep possession even when not under pressure.
Depends how you set up but I take your point we do lack the personnel in some areas. A good coach though could make us more effective going forward of course defence and shape is important too but we could have won more games this season if we had scored a few goals, look at Villa yesterday for example they play that modern formation 4321 and get the full backs pushing up really high the midfielders and wide players tucking in that's how the game is going...

I still want Lampard as I wanted when I started this thread, I know he is not a popular choice with most folk. Would like John Terry to be his assistant as despite him being a bit of a nob he was a brilliant defender and could hopefully get our defenders to actually defend.

Exactly but why waste more millions on the likes of Rooney when come the summer we'll be wanting someone better?

Give it Dunc until the end of the season and roll the dice. We're on the verge of breaking FFP (certainly after sacking Benitez) and our fans want us appointing someone to only then sack and pay em off in the summer, appoint then another manager all whilst blowing £50+ million on transfers.

Totally irresponsible if the club did that.
WTF did you see there yesterday that persuaded you to "Give it Dunc" for the remainder of the relegation campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.