How many points will it take too survive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can we win if we can't score. We are going down on our form we are showing. Total clean out I am resigned to it now after the past few weeks.

I see six draws maybe if we are lucky. We will finish around 25 to 26 points. The players don't looked bothered anymore. The Rafael curse.

Newcastle
Leeds
Southampton

Will not lay a glove on us if we play the same as 2nd half.
I hope so. The problem is how many times have these players bust a gut and then followed it up by coasting through the next game or so thinking they'll get away with it.

35 is the bottom end I would feel comfortable with. 40 of course is the magic number and closer to where I expect us to end up.

But for perspective thats 5 wins and draw or 4 wins 4 draws for the remainder of the season. Not grounds to hire a longterm manager without a DoF. If we do that I expect us to be in a proper scrap in the future.

Newcastle
Leeds
Southampton

Will not lay a glove on us if we play the same as 2nd half.
Exactly. Todays performance was satisfactory to thinking thats possible. That would be more than halfway there to safety in just the next 3 matches. If we got 6 out of the next 5 we are still in a fairly stable position. Thats reflected in our 13% chance of going down.

I don't know how some see that as the grounds to hire a longterm manager. If thats done with then a DoF installed after the fact we are repeating past mistakes. A poor process that could easily send us down in the future.

???? We were absolutely crap and just hoofed a lot of long balls forward? How can you possibly think any team in this league “won’t lay a glove on us”? We got comfortably beaten by the worst team in the league last week.

Same as Allardyce youre saying?

We WERE very direct which is where our strength is...

DCL not fully fit, probably same as Allan, Mina and Richarlison -- who at the least were short of match time.

Be happy with six points from that three games no matter how it comes...

I think we will win all 3.

Happy with 7pts though.

I hope so. The problem is how many times have these players bust a gut and then followed it up by coasting through the next game or so thinking they'll get away with it.

I think we'll see the difference with Ferguson having time on the training ground with them.

Also @MikeH72

I think if you watch the chances we had...there were 2 or 3 in the first half and at leaat SIX in the second...

...several of these i think it was easier to score than to miss.

Thats shocking luck

Status
Not open for further replies.