Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
You can't fault Moshiri's intentions and ambition.

However, you can fault his inability to implement a coherent strategic plan and structure around the off the pitch playing side of the club.

That lack of strategic vision and poor decision making has ultimately resulted in a number of poor (and scattergun) appointments and a significant wastage of funds. The most successful clubs out there and the one's how punch above their weight (whether they have a small budget or 100's of million), all have a clear strategy and make appointments in the senior footballing positions aligned to that strategy.

What Moshiri needs to show in the next few years is that he has the ability to put the correct structure in place that will help facilitate to success on the pitch. If the club doesn't have appropriate direction and a defined strategy then you might as well throw that new 100M investment in the bin. Ultimately most of it will be wasted.

Don't think they are overdue yet to be fair. If they are still running June year end, then they have 9 months to file which is end of March. You can also still claim the extension of a further 3 months in certain circumstances.

They nearly always come out in December don’t they? I have no doubt they’ll exercise this as well.

I'm not easily pleased, he's doing a terrible job. Everyone wanted communication, he's communicated and you're still not happy. That's on you pal.

There's a difference between communication, and what is being said. In all honesty, it's reactionary. It's a publicity exercise because the natives are getting restless. It says little to address the real issues at the football club. Perhaps he'd keep it private and probably best to do so. He's showing complete faith BK and DBB / the board, and it is blind faith in my opinion. The club is not a well run club and he's either too blinkered or just not admitting it; does not make me feel happy. If it makes you feel happy, that's on you pal.

They nearly always come out in December don’t they? I have no doubt they’ll exercise this as well.

Depends entirely what year end a company uses. You can pick whatever month you want and have generally 9 months to file after the end of the period. But there has been 3 month extensions since covid that lots of companies have claimed. I'm working in tax so a bit out of the loop with accounts filing these days, so not sure if the extension is still automatic or has to be granted.

Everton are using a June year end according to companies house. It's all public information. They have until end of March or possibly longer if there is an extension.

Last activity was to appoint a Greame Marshall Sharp to the board.

The club no longer owes him the loan and he instead owns shares to the value of the loan. There is a smaller creditor in the accounts and a better balance sheet.

I don't know if that actually helps us spend under FFP though.

It doesn't, so I don't see any material benefit to the club.

It doesn't, so I don't see any material benefit to the club.

I suppose the loan cannot be recalled is the benefit. Balance sheet position also tends to help get better finance terms and stuff like that.

What matters for FFP is P&L losses over a 3 year period so we need to make fewer losses. The most likely ways to do that at a football club are increase commercial revenues, reduce wages, increase player sales.

I suppose the loan cannot be recalled is the benefit. Balance sheet position also tends to help get better finance terms and stuff like that.

What matters for FFP is P&L losses over a 3 year period so we need to make fewer losses. The most likely ways to do that at a football club are increase commercial revenues, reduce wages, increase player sales.

So it might help us in terms of further borrowing for the stadium, I suppose.

Yep. We need a couple of seasons of minimising losses going in to the new stadium.

And at that point we can make a proper go of stepping up.

Got an e-mail from Moshiri today!!!

"Firstly, may I wish you and your loved ones the very best - and thank you for your continued support of the Club.

It has been a difficult season to date - with results not meeting the expectations of anyone associated with the Club. As a result, the decision was taken last weekend to part ways with Rafael Benitez as our manager.

After a very disappointing run of results, it was the right decision for the Club – although it is never one that is taken lightly.

As we prepare for our forthcoming games, we have a fiercely passionate Evertonian in Duncan Ferguson taking charge of the team on an interim basis. He is a remarkable man and I know he will give his all in leading the team, as he did so impressively during his spell as caretaker boss in December 2019.

I understand the frustration felt by everybody who loves Everton because of our inconsistent form in recent seasons, despite significant investment in the playing squad.

The money that has been spent since 2016, not just on the playing squad but also on key projects including our new stadium, demonstrates my commitment to Everton.

I write to you to assure you that my commitment remains strong and focused. The Club has announced today the conversion of a £100m loan to the club into equity which is a clear demonstration of my commitment and greatly strengthens the balance sheet.

I am a private man and I do not speak publicly very often. But I promise you that my determination to deliver for Everton will not waver.

The strategic football review that is currently ongoing will ensure we have the best model in place moving forward. I am working closely with the Chairman and the Board as part of that strategic review - and I can assure you the recruitment process for a new manager is aligned to that. It is vital we appoint a manager that fits the structure we are putting in place and so, whilst we are keen to make an appointment as quickly as possible, we will work together to ensure it is the right candidate to deliver the success we all crave.

I have the utmost faith and respect in the Board, and I work incredibly well with them. The experience and knowledge of our Chairman blends perfectly with the vision and leadership of Denise, our CEO. He is respected across football, not only as an expert in player trading negotiations - skills that have been put to good use already this month with three new signings - but for the unwavering commitment and guidance he has given to Everton over so many years. There is no one working harder to bring success and happiness back to the Club.

The Boardroom also boasts the financial acumen of one of the most respected Finance Directors in football in Grant Ingles, and the recent addition of the footballing expertise provided by a true Everton legend in Graeme Sharp completes a robust and well-balanced team that leads by example in all areas of our operation. As always in business, we will not stand still - and will continue driving forward for the benefit of the Club.

The expertise of our senior leaders has been undeniably demonstrated in the last 18 months by the huge strides taken in delivering our new stadium on the banks of the Mersey despite the great-many challenges posed by the pandemic.

In the coming weeks and months, our new stadium will begin to rise from Bramley-Moore Dock as we maintain our progress as part of the three-year build schedule.

The Board and the Club’s Executive Leadership Team will deliver a new home befitting our Club’s incredibly passionate fanbase.

Indeed, the passion that is always demonstrated very clearly by fans is something I value and understand. Fans are the lifeblood of the Club and only by working together can we deliver the success we all long for. With that in mind, I am fully supportive of the work the Board and our CEO are doing in conjunction with key fan groups to put in place a Fan Advisory Board with representation at Board level. The Club is moving forward with its discussions with fan groups to ensure the voice of ALL Evertonians can be heard through a robust structure for the future. We will also introduce a series of regular events that will be accessible to all fans, enabling open and clear dialogue with the Club’s senior leaders.

Further updates on these important matters will be provided by our CEO in the weeks and months ahead. In the meantime, I thank you for your ongoing support – it is truly appreciated.

Thank you.

Farhad Moshiri"

Cheers for posting the email mate.

an expert in player trading negotiations - skills that have been put to good use already this month with three new signings

Kenwright is running the transfers then!

Hey fella, do you know if there is any substance to the fact that he is now calling all shots and therefore cant be asked by minor shareholders to hold an AGM?

Its probably in here already but may have missed it!

If so, gonna put my tin foil hat on and say this is not a good move as it pretty much stops any ability to question him?

Apologies if its already been discussed im juts naff at searching threads!

Cheers