Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we will win. Our central midfield is the worst in the league, and our defence is bottom half championship standard.

I don't think we will win. Our central midfield is the worst in the league, and our defence is bottom half championship standard.
this is true to an extent, but Duncan got a win v a Chelsea team much better than this Villa side with a midfield of Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin.

Allan and Doucoure are in no way the worst pairing in the league in midfield. However, they need to both be played right (if Allan is fit) and played in the right system. If it's 442/4411, then that needs to be a low block but with aggression to press out.

If it's 433, then it has to be an aggressive system with a proper front three.

Benitez's biggest flaw was having our defence constantly exposed.

this is true to an extent, but Duncan got a win v a Chelsea team much better than this Villa side with a midfield of Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin.

Allan and Doucoure are in no way the worst pairing in the league in midfield. However, they need to both be played right (if Allan is fit) and played in the right system. If it's 442/4411, then that needs to be a low block but with aggression to press out.

agree mate it will be a whole new set
up system tactics etc. and the players will
play full on and at them

get the ferguson effect and keep it tight we win

I'd be surprised if he doesnt play 442 tbh

It can work on a given day but I dont think its a sustainable system longer term

I really hope his time with Ancelotti means he doesn’t go 4-4-2. I think we’ll be up for this irrespective, 3-1 to us and gerrard to get sent to the stands

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since Ferguson was last in charge. I can’t even remember what set-up or tactics he employed. What is obvious is that we need to retain possession better. With a creaky defence we can’t surrender the ball for long periods and encourage the opposition

I'd be surprised if he doesnt play 442 tbh

It can work on a given day but I dont think its a sustainable system longer term
Same. But for this game I think he'll play that given who we have available. I don't think there's a chance Mykolenko starts either.

mad how many people are doing lineups and including coleman.

I'd legit rather havy a 40 odd year old hibbert in the team atm
Those dirty looks across the pitch coming to roost, Coleman vs Digne, who doesn't want to see that?
My moneys on Seamus. A twilight performance worthy of him, hoping so

Status
Not open for further replies.