Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo top of La Liga. Marco doing well with Fulham. Barcodes still love Rafael. Kean scoring goals. Schneiderlin playing in an overachieving team.
View attachment 152641
The club isn't set up for success whoever the manager is, that's the blunt truth. A manager needs a support system and a clear direction from the top, a recruitment team that works with them in tandem: instead we have no DOF and a board and ownership that's both incompetent and a mess of egos and conflicted interests, Bill who wants the old boys club to continue, Moshiri taking advice from super agents. Of course some managers can get better results than others but unless we address the way the club functions everyone who is part of the infrastructure, the board, owner we will go round in circles.

My hope is Dunc starts well and we pick up points, that it makes no sense to interrupt him until the end of the season.

Its a poor managerial market at the moment mid season, dont want anyone linked, the next appointment needs to be a keeper and left alone for three years - but it needs to be the right one to, better scope for that in the summer, if we can assure safety this season.

But it is what im saying - because no manager will get top 6/7 with this squad particularly with injuries so fans will inevitably hound them when we are bobbing around in midtable.
Sign a quality CB and a creative midfielder and we arnt far off top 6/7. Next season like. If we can keep DCZl and Richy..

Our 1st 11 is easily top 6/7 in the league with a few additions

My hope is Dunc starts well and we pick up points, that it makes no sense to interrupt him until the end of the season.

Its a poor managerial market at the moment mid season, dont want anyone linked, the next appointment needs to be a keeper and left alone for three years - but it needs to be the right one to, better scope for that in the summer, if we can assure safety this season.
Big Nev it is then

The club isn't set up for success whoever the manager is, that's the blunt truth. A manager needs a support system and a clear direction from the top, a recruitment team that works with them in tandem: instead we have no DOF and a board and ownership that's both incompetent and a mess of egos and conflicted interests, Bill who wants the old boys club to continue, Moshiri taking advice from super agents. Of course some managers can get better results than others but unless we address the way the club functions everyone who is part of the infrastructure, the board, owner we will go round in circles.

Don’t be saying stuff like this mate, the anti Rafael crowd will be on you in a second. No one is to blame for 27 years of failure apart from Benitez, please get with the party line. If you must blame anyone else then the only other acceptable culprit is Salomon Rondon a third choice striker we signed for free.

But it is what im saying - because no manager will get top 6/7 with this squad particularly with injuries so fans will inevitably hound them when we are bobbing around in midtable.
Well theres no point talking about Silva and saying this group of players because we've got 11 new players since he left that was the point so yes the players aren't good enough but Silva doing well with Fulham is not relevant to that.

We certainly aren’t ‘bobbing around in mid table’ now. I think we were bottom 4 when both Silva and Koeman were sacked as well.

So no, basically.

Chelsea was under Lampard, Utd under Sol and Arsenal under temp manager
So?

Lampard had just gotten them 4tg and if I remember I'm sure when we beat Chelsea they was on a run of about 15 unbeaten, or unbeaten away or something.

And a result against an arsenal team with a temp manager doesn't count coming from a team with a temp manager?

Don’t be saying stuff like this mate, the anti Rafael crowd will be on you in a second. No one is to blame for 27 years of failure apart from Benitez, please get with the party line. If you must blame anyone else then the only other acceptable culprit is Salomon Rondon a third choice striker we signed for free.

Has anybody suggested this? I think every Evertonian can see that the problems go deeper than one inept manager. But you must be able to see that a manager with no well of good will to draw on picking up one win in 13 is not part of the solution.

After 4 games in charge last time it fizzled out from a win to a cup exit and two draws.

That wasn't good enough from a new manager / caretaker manager bounce. The 0-0 Arsenal game at home was utter turd. The team lost belief. The owners would have noted that.

There's no other way forward here than a new manager coming in. We have half a season left, not 6/7 games. And we have the next 17 days or so to get one for after the international break.
I disagree (I'm sure you're used to hearing that).

We all know your views on the ex Rangers, Glaswegian galoot. Hmmmmm.

I'm trying to look at the here and now and what I think we need. A seachange (Iberian or otherwise) IMO is most definitely not that.

Take our time. Gather ourselves. find some Everton spirit again.

Stop the cycle of kneejerking and looking for quick fixes / playing managerial lottery, which are complete unknowns. Or even worse going back to tried and long-tested failures.

Well Benitez isn't completely blameless, especially for this season and the tactics and coaching, but you don't burn through seven managers if you don't have deep issues at a football club. You look at the managers we have had they can't all be bad, it's that it's very very difficult to succeed with our current set up and the lack of football knowledge and the interference from above.

I think most of the anti-Benitez crowd also directed plenty of ire at Moshiri and Kenwright

I'd say most were angrier at Moshiri for making the appointment than they were at Benitez for taking it

Any manager is getting sacked going on a run like Benitez did. I know those who backed him to the hilt are angry he's gone and are looking for people to blame, but his crap tactics and his stubborn refusal to change said tactics is ultimately why he got sacked. If he'd dropped Rondon, played three in the middle and sorted out the defending he'd still be in a job right now. But he didn't, so he got sacked

Of course there's more going on at the club that needs addressing, but Benitez still needed sacking regardless of those other issues

Do shut up. Everyone accepts that the set up of the club is poor and that our players aren’t great - but that does not mean the manager isn’t also doing a terrible job.

Such a lame, straw man argument as usual with you.

So?

Lampard had just gotten them 4tg and if I remember I'm sure when we beat Chelsea they was on a run of about 15 unbeaten, or unbeaten away or something.

And a result against an arsenal team with a temp manager doesn't count coming from a team with a temp manager?
There where caveats to the points but then you can only play what’s put in front of you. Let’s hope he wins on Saturday, we need the points

Status
Not open for further replies.